The simFlight Network Forums

Assign PTT Button To Joystick

Is there any way which I can assign a PTT button to my joystick. Can I write a line in the ini file that will assign to button 3 of my joystick.

Is this for Squawkbox, Roger Wilco or AVC?

If so, just go to the Buttons tab of FSUIPC options, press your button three, select the right-hand side, to assign a control, and find the PTT control. Assign the transmit on to the Press and the transmit off to the Release, and you're done.

Why do you want to mess with INI files?

If it is Teamspeak you use then you will need to program the button to send the appropriate keystroke instead, as it doesn't support the direct control of PTT.

Regards,

Pete

If it is Teamspeak you use then you will need to program the button to send the appropriate keystroke instead, as it doesn't support the direct control of PTT.

Hi,

It is not clear for me. In FSUIPC "Buttons" tab I defined Joy# = 0, Btn# = 1. Select keypress is checked and I defined character '0' (zero) to be generated. I set '0' as PTT button in TeamSpeak on my second computer where WideFS Client is running (and connected). This is not working. The same setup worked on a single PC.

I think it is not as simple as I believe.

FSUIPC-WideFS is working fine with some other apps. IvAp is configured as multiPC the User Interface running on the 2nd PC with the TeamSpeak. IvAp is working correctly, changing TeamSpeak channels. But this is not related ti WideFS I guess.

Gabor

It is not clear for me.

It is cleared now, as I read the WideFS doc...

In FSUIPC "Buttons" tab I defined Joy# = 0, Btn# = 1.

"Select for FS control" is checked.

"Control sent when button pressed" = Keysend 1

"Control sent when button released" = Keysend 2

On the client PC's WideClient.ini:

[uSER]

UseSendInput=Yes

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F12

KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12

TeamSpek PTT button is defined as F12.

Gabor

This is because whenever I try to run squawkbox with a registered fsuipc it kills off squawkbox. The only way to allow squawkbox to run within fs9 is to remove the user registered details from the reg file and leave the sb3 details in which then kills off the UI which allows button allocation within fsuipc.

This is because whenever I try to run squawkbox with a registered fsuipc it kills off squawkbox. The only way to allow squawkbox to run within fs9 is to remove the user registered details from the reg file

It sounds like you are using illegal keys then. That is the only explanation for this phenomenon. If you believe you are a legitimate user of a paid-for FSUIPC key, please ZIP up your FSUIPC.Key file, with the details, and your receipt from SimMarket and I will check it here. Email to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

... kills off the UI which allows button allocation within fsuipc.

An installation of FSUIPC which is not user-registered does not support the facilities offered in the UI, so there'd be no point in trying to edit them in the INI file either. Your solution lies with becoming a legitimate user, assuming that the Key you are using is pirated, which is the main indication at present.

Regards,

Pete