The simFlight Network Forums

Reading/Writing offsets from XML gauges

Is there any known way to read/write FSUIPC offsets from XML gauges? I am trying to put together a simple ACARS status gauge that communicates with our ACARS package via a small group of offsets, and I have insufficient hair left to contemplate relearning C.

I believe Doug Dawson wrote something called dsd_xml2ipc but I have yet to find any documentation or explanation for this gauge. Does anyone have any resources or suggestions in this area?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke,

XML itself is not capable of what you are after - it requires a C gauge or module as a shim.

The gauge you mentioned writes values to FSUIPC offsets based on instructions from an XML gauge. If you have specific requirements in mind, drop me a note and I can let you know what can be done.

Doug

The gauge you mentioned writes values to FSUIPC offsets based on instructions from an XML gauge. If you have specific requirements in mind, drop me a note and I can let you know what can be done.

Thanks for the prompt response! I will dig up my list of offsets at home to get a feel for what we need to do. I think most things will involve a read operation from a particular offset, but there are one or two writes I have in mind. I'll drop you a line this evening.

Out of curiosity, what part of Toronto are you in?

Cheers!

Luke