The simFlight Network Forums

CH quad ' detents,click and sound, A320 ps

Hi Pete

I've a CH quad throttle and I'd use it for my A320pss. You know, pss uses + and - keys to change Reverse, idle ,CL, FLEX, TOGA and in the real,only between idle and cl positions you have linear power on the throttle (each lever moves indipendent from other),instead outside these zones both levers move as only one (I think) .On Avsim there is a little file "thr.zip" made by Jose' Oliveira thank to it you can set on a lever (only one) these limits and range, every time you pass in a new zone you can hear a sound of "clack" and a voice saying "climb (cl)" or "revers" etc.

Your new utilities permit to obtain phisical detents on 2 levers for L and R engine but how can I resolve the sounds?

Also, if I move the levers inside linear range ok, but if I move these between CL and Flex (f.e.), unlikely I exactly move them togheter and if, for example, the n.1 triggers the new state Flex (it generates a "+" key pressed) , if after some seconds i push up the n.2 and it also passes in the new state Flex, this generates a new "+" key pressed and the result is a change in new state TOGA not desired. So I've a problem of sync inside the aereas where I need a simultaneous movement....

I don't know if I've well described the problem...english is not my natural language....

My question and wish is:

with Fsuipc registered (I'have) how do you think it's possible to obtain this nice behaviour programmin so 2 levers of my CH quad trhottle?

Thank

Paolo

Your new utilities permit to obtain phisical detents on 2 levers for L and R engine but how can I resolve the sounds?

Sorry, there are no sound facilities in FSUIPC. I think you need to ask the PSS support folks what can be done.

Also, if I move the levers inside linear range ok, but if I move these between CL and Flex (f.e.), unlikely I exactly move them togheter and if, for example, the n.1 triggers the new state Flex (it generates a "+" key pressed) , if after some seconds i push up the n.2 and it also passes in the new state Flex, this generates a new "+" key pressed and the result is a change in new state TOGA not desired. So I've a problem of sync inside the aereas where I need a simultaneous movement....

I don't really understand much of that, but it does really sound more like the panel you are using is simply designed to prevent external controls being used. Have you asked their support about these things? I really cannot see how I can provide more than the generic facilities I have done -- Iam really not in the business of doing specific drivers for specific products. Maybe PSS ought to look at supporting folks with hardware?

Regards,

Pete