The simFlight Network Forums

About Airspeed/Mach mode selector of FCU (Autopilot)

Hello,

Well I have a difficult, I'm searching a control of FSX for one key of keyboard, which it swap the mode Airspeed/Mach selector of FCU (Autopilot).

I looked in the list FSX controls like AP_MASTER, AUTOTHROTTLE_ARM, etc... but I don't know where is this control...

I think this Airspeed/Mach Mode Selector on the panel (for example A321) doesn't exist on FSX controls, it seems it incorporated in gauge DLL...

Maybe, if someones, you know this control, tell me, it could be very useful for my cockpit at home.

Thanks, cordially,

Chris.

I'm searching a control of FSX for one key of keyboard, which it swap the mode Airspeed/Mach selector of FCU (Autopilot).

I looked in the list FSX controls like AP_MASTER, AUTOTHROTTLE_ARM, etc... but I don't know where is this control...

I think this Airspeed/Mach Mode Selector on the panel (for example A321) doesn't exist on FSX controls, it seems it incorporated in gauge DLL...

Yes, it looks like it is a function local to the gauge.

I don't know the Airbus so I've not tried, but possibly, like in previous versions of FS, you can only do it by specifically selecting Mach or Speed hold when setting it. The "sel" button on FS9 (and way back to FS98) cockpits was never directly accessible by a control.

Instead there are separate sets of controls for setting and selecting the two hold value types which also switch the display.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your answer :)

I tried to hold Mach directly when airspeed is activated, it doesn't work, so I need to click with my mouse on the gauge mode selector SPD/MCH...

I think the best way is to change some gauges AP speeds system in panel to disable the mode selector SPD/MCH.

But is it possible to change aircraft.cfg or *.air file to disable this selector?

Maybe, you know how to update this cfg.

Regards,

Chris.

I think the best way is to change some gauges AP speeds system in panel to disable the mode selector SPD/MCH.

But is it possible to change aircraft.cfg or *.air file to disable this selector?

Maybe, you know how to update this cfg.

Sorry. no. I really am rather ignorant of most of the aircraft design and control file areas. You may want to post questions in a forum where aircraft designers hang out. Try the AVSIM FSX forum, or fsdeveloper.com -- the latter seems a good place with plenty of activity. I help out there in the SimConnect forum now and then.

Regards,

Pete

Actually, there are all kinds of issues with the FSX A321. The Airspeed Hold does not work correctly; it will not hold MACH speed during climb. It is necessary to keep reducing the set MACH number to avoid over-speed. In level flight, it seems to do okay. The Relative Wind arrow on the display is actually reversed! It will show a tail wind when the digital readout for wind direction (both on the gauge and when you type Shift+Z) shows a head wind.

Regards,

Tim