The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Radio Stack

My PFC hardware and the Radio Stack are working great in FSX.. I have your latest FSUIPC4 installed...

ONLY ONE PROBLEM... When I shut down FSX the Radio Stack (and gear lights) remain active... LEDs all lit.. I now need to open FS9 and shut it down to turn the lights off...

Hate to ask, but can this be fixed....??

Thanks, Ray Lunning

When I shut down FSX the Radio Stack (and gear lights) remain active... LEDs all lit.. I now need to open FS9 and shut it down to turn the lights off...

It's because FSX's SimConnect closes me down so quickly, without any prior notification. It's why I couldn't implement an automatic save of "Previous Flight" on close down too -- the facility I need which they omitted in FSX! I always used that to make sure my aircraft is found next time where I parked it last time. :-(

The PFC driver does actually send out the correct code sequence to clear down all the avionics displays, but they get purged from the serial port driver by the threads and processes disappearing.

I have found a way around that, using a more persistent thread and delaying tactics, and have it working here, in a new version of PFCFSX.DLL, but I had a couple of other things to do before releasing it. It will be version 4.00 and should be available tomorrow, or soon after.

Meanwhile, I suggest that when you finish your flight you cut the engine(s) and turn off the master battery and avionics before closing FSX. They displays will go off then in any case. Seems a sensible and realistic thing to do at the end of a flight?

Regards

Pete

Funny that you should mention that if I shut the engine down and turn the battery off that the light will go out..... that always worked on my Cessna T210.... it seem that in FSX I just walked away and left everything running...

Anyway I did shut everything down and the lights went out...Amazing.!

thanks for everything...

Ray Lunning