The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and GFConfig error

After I installed the FSUIPC 4.05 version into my FSX computer I noticed that GFConfig 1.71 had an error when leaving FSX, it won't close the program and an error report for "Program Not Responding" is made.

Now, this wouldn't be a FSUIPC problem if I hadn't found that what may be causing this is an error I discovered between GFConfig and FSUIPC.

IF I load the sim with no further edit or config changes to FSUIPC all goes well no problems whatsoever with the GoFlight modules.

BUT if I load FSUIPC menu, as soon as I do so, the modules halt and don't respond anymore. I must then exit FSX and that error log for the GoFlight program is created.

I upgraded FSUIPC to 4.06 and have the same issue.

Needless to say I removed FSUIPC and these halts and error logs no longer appear.

I tried to contact GoFlight on this, but I believe GoFlight product support are like UFO's: Some of us believe they exist, others have actually seen something like them, others simply don't believe they even exist...

Thank you.

Needless to say I removed FSUIPC and these halts and error logs no longer appear.

There's no actual connection between GF's software and FSUIPC except within SimConnect. I'm afraid that, at present, SimConnect appears to be rather unstable when dealing with more than one demanding client.

You could get more information by generating a SimConnect Log (there are instructions at the top of this forum for this), and if you do I will gladly look at it so that I can reinforce as much as possible the bug reports I have already submitted to Microsoft. Please include the FSUIPC4 log as well.

But at the same time, in any case, I urge you to report all such problems to tell_fs@microsoft.com, in as much detail as possible (including your system) and the SimConnect Log.

I am hoping that most of the SimConnect problems have now been reported in sufficient detail for MS to identify the causes and fix them, and that these fixes will be in the first "update" for FSX which we may see in the New Year. Meanwhile I'm afraid it's a matter of muddling through.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter

I sent the report to Microsoft, as for the logs, I found the FSUIPC.Log but where can I find the Simconnect one?

Wherever you told SimConnect to put it, of course. You did read the Announcement at the top of the Forum about how to get SimConnect logs, didn't you? Remember, I said to you:

(there are instructions at the top of this forum for this)

You should have included the Log with the report to Microsoft -- you'll need to send another now.

Regards

Pete