The simFlight Network Forums

Taxi Wind Question for FSUIPC

Hello, I have been a longtime user of FSUIPC and have a question reqarding taxi winds. Would it be possible to have the taxi wind swap command linked to the parking brakes? This way with the parking brake set, the winds would be set to 1 and with the parking brake released, the winds would go back to their actual setting.

Robert Williamson

Hi Robert,

this may well be possible, I don't know, but I cannot think of any situations where it would be useful. The taxi wind option is there to overcome the slightly overdone weathervaning effect during taxi and takeoff run. In automatic mode it is triggered by the landing gear touching or leaving the ground. You can't have the parking brake set when taxiing or taking off. And when parking with the parking brake set the aircraft stands still so wind doesn't matter and forcing a wind setting of 1kt is no use.

But may be I do not understand your intentions correctly.

Regards,

Frank