The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC for FSX SP1 beta 3

Hello Pete

I am testing my Dash 8Q300 FSX patch with SP1 beta 3, and it seems that FSUIPC 4.09 does not run very stable..

It there an FSUIPC beta available, which would support the SP1 beta 3? If so, can I test it ?

Thank you

With best regards,

Oleksiy

I am testing my Dash 8Q300 FSX patch with SP1 beta 3, and it seems that FSUIPC 4.09 does not run very stable..

Not stable? In what way? The only thing which is wrong is that none of the FSX controls (SimEvents) will work -- the table listing them in CONTROLS.DLL moved in Beta2. This affects all button and axis assignments, and calibrations, which simply do not work, and those FSUIPC offsets which are marked as "SimE" in the list for Writing. There's no cause for instability I know of. Please explain what you are finding, and provide some details! :-(

It there an FSUIPC beta available, which would support the SP1 beta 3? If so, can I test it ?

As everyone in the Beta test group must surely know, it is a bit too late for Beta3 -- Beta4 came out last night. I invited all Beta testers needing FSUIPC4 updates to contact me by Email. I did Betas for 1, 2, 3 but it is 4 now. Don't you participate in the Groups?

Email me. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

Hello

For some reason engine starter does not operate under SP1, although it could still be my fault somewhere, but I thought to check if there is a possible cause due to the fact that FSUIPC 4.09 was not meant for SP1

I will give you an email

regards,

Oleksiy

For some reason engine starter does not operate under SP1, although it could still be my fault somewhere, but I thought to check if there is a possible cause due to the fact that FSUIPC 4.09 was not meant for SP1

Yes, if you are using FSUIPC offsets for that, or assignments via Buttons/Keys, it will be because the engine starter uses some of the Sim Events, none of which will work for reasons I stated. If you check the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status document, in the 'FSX Write' column you will see "Ok-SimE/Intl". As I said, anything marked SimE for writing won't work because none of the Event names are located.

This was fixed since the first SP1 Beta version I provided to FSX Beta testers, via the Beta Newsgroups.

This is not what I would call "instability", which is what you said you experienced with 4.09. It is just that many things won't work. I need to know exactly what is "unstable" please.

Regards

Pete