The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with FeelThere Citation X

Can someone with the Feelthere Citation X installed please check and see if the wx radar is working under FSUIPC 4.10 - I am seeing nothing. TCAS is ok. I have also tried a clean install as follows:

FSX

SDK

SDK SP1A

FSX SP1

FSUIPC 4.10

NZ 20m Mesh

FeelThere Citation X

Citation Hotfix

FSUIPC seems to have installed ok

Hello Pete, thanks for the quick response.

I have reproduced the wx radar section from page 5 of the Citation X manual below which leads me to believe that FSUIPC is indeed being used by Wilco/FeelThere.

Everything looks normal with the FSUICP installation....Any assistance would be appreciated.

Andrew

Weather Radar

The latest FSUIPC (free or payware version)

must be installed prior to use the Weather

Radar. Link :

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.

The weather radar included is based on the

real Collins WXR2100. The most important is

to locate hazardous weather areas, and avoid

them. This system is able to show the pilot

where dense precipitation is located and

turbulence is expected.

In an aviation based weather radar, only

water and wet hail produces reflections.

Only the clouds located at the aircraft level

can be displayed.

Colors code :

Green => Light precipitations

Yellow => Moderate precipitations

Red => Severe precipitations

I have reproduced the wx radar section from page 5 of the Citation X manual below which leads me to believe that FSUIPC is indeed being used by Wilco/FeelThere.

Interesting. I didn't know any weather radar outside of Florian Praxmarer's gauges used FSUIPC to get weather.

I've no idea why it might not be showing. First thing is to check that FSUIPC4 is loaded and run by FSX okay -- is there an Add-Ons menu entry containing FSUIPC?

Then check the FSUIPC4.LOG file (in the FSX Modules folder). Show it here if you like. It should contain no error messages.

If all that is okay you could see if my WeatherSet2 program can read the weather okay when FSX + FSUIPC4 is running. You can get that program from the FSX Downloads Announcement above (also the latest interim version of FSUIPC4).

The weather facilities in FSUIPC4 actually work better in FSX since SP1 was released than they did before, so if anything you should see an improvement.

You might also like to post your question to the aircraft makers. Maybe it is something they've not got working yet?

Regards

Pete