The simFlight Network Forums

Lego Wing and FS2002

Guest Rotor2002

Guest Rotor2002

After spending almost 6 months building a wing made out of Lego pieces, it has come to the part of linking the system to FS2002. This is the part that I am lost. The wing is driven by electric motors and pneumatic systems, all of them controlled by a Lego RCX with an infrared USB. I am pretty sure there must be a way to be able to send the fs2002 commands to this tower, and then to the wing to be able to "simulate" a flight on its moving surfaces. Any ideas sugestions are welcome.

By the way the wing is a replica of an A320 wing, with almost 1.5 meters long, and fully working surfaces and landing gear. It is also equipped with a jet engine driven by another electric motor.

Thanks

Guest Rotor2002

As a matter of fact the way to control the IR unit ( called RCX by Lego) is done with a software made by Lego. Nevertheless there are other programming tools available for that ( such as NCQ ). This other "operating systems" are some written with VB or C. Here I have a web page with some information:www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/

Thanks for your interest!

Awesome, I have set up a desposable email address for the pics:

legowing@simhardware.com

I am a C++ programmer, and I write a lot of code to interface into flightsim using FSUIPC (If fact, it is about to become my full time job)

I would be happy to work with you to help you interface your wing to FS, its a fantastic project.

Will look forward to seeing the pics!