The simFlight Network Forums

Alt does not switch off in ILS

Hello

I am using FS2004 and FSUIPC version 3.71. FS standard 737.

When entering an ILS I switch APP via my MCP which is communicating with FSUIPC with Visual Basic. I put the value 1 in adress &H800 and when I receive the 1 status on adess &H800 I stop sending the value to FSUIPC.

When doing this the HDG will turn off but the ALT does not turn of. It won't see the glideslope. With the same applications running but using the PC ( FS panel ) it works normally.

So it look like FSuipc does not send the right APP command to FS.

Anybody ?

Kind regards

Klaas Jelle Bakker

I am using FS2004 and FSUIPC version 3.71. FS standard 737.

3.71 is well out of date and unsupported.

When entering an ILS I switch APP via my MCP which is communicating with FSUIPC with Visual Basic. I put the value 1 in adress &H800 and when I receive the 1 status on adess &H800 I stop sending the value to FSUIPC.

"Stop sending"? Uh?

I think you are misunderstanding something. To enable APP mode, you write a 1 to 0800 or, in fact, 07FC because of how FS works -- but best to stick to 0800). To turn it off you write a 0 to both 07FC and 0800. You should not be writing anything continuously, and "stopping" it doesn't do anything.

So it look like FSuipc does not send the right APP command to FS.

If sends no commands at all, int interacts with the FS AP internals. Please please read the notes, in the third column of the programming guide. See when in 0800 is says "See the note above, for 07FC". Did you read that?

Pete

Thanks for your fast reply Pete. I now have read the notes in the programmers guide. I understand from this that I should write the value 1 to 07fc and then 0800 will also be set by this action. To clear I send a 0 to both.

Stop sending :

I am sending the value 1 to the adress as long as I have no feedback from FS. If a get a feedback then I stop sending. This ensures me that the command is always executed in FS.

Thanks you very much for your support.