The simFlight Network Forums

PSS 777 throttle calibration

Hello!

I want to know if there are any suggestions on how to calibrate the throttles for the PSS777 using FSUIPIC and the CH Throttle Quad. Everything is working out ok excepte when im in the ground with engines idle and i guess the rev. are very sensitive the the aircraft beacuse they start going to reverse thrusts when levers are in idle.

I have set the Throttle cut button for that position and still they go into rev. trhusts.

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

Everything is working out ok excepte when im in the ground with engines idle and i guess the rev. are very sensitive the the aircraft beacuse they start going to reverse thrusts when levers are in idle.

Assuming that you are calibrating multiple throttles on page 3 of the FSUIPC Joystick Calibrations tab, all you need to do is to make sure you have a wide enough idle zone calibrated to be sure that you can select idle easily. The steps for calibration in the user guid do explain the need to have two definitely separate positions to mark the top and bottom of the idle zone.

Pete

Thanks for the Reply Pete.

I got that worked out perfectly now.

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask but, now, im having quite some trouble with Level D. Im calibrating as I calibrate all of PMDG and PSS but the aircraft behavies strange. The Autopilot gets activated, but it does not follow instructions. VNAV and LNAV are set but the aircraft doesn´t respect speed or heading or course track.

Could you maybe please point me in the right direction.?

I got most of the calibration issues with FSUIPIC almost settled and understood.

Best regards!

Isi

PS. How was your vacation in south America?

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask but, now, im having quite some trouble with Level D. Im calibrating as I calibrate all of PMDG and PSS but the aircraft behavies strange. The Autopilot gets activated, but it does not follow instructions. VNAV and LNAV are set but the aircraft doesn´t respect speed or heading or course track.

Which version of FSUIPC? Level D did have some problems with some things I did, but I think they've all been resolved now. Make sure you use the latest version (the Download announcements above often contain later versions). Check the LevelD support forum too.

Regards

Pete