The simFlight Network Forums

FSX and FSUIPC in a separate partition

I installed FSX in a new partition which has Vista home edition installed. I did this so I could use Direct X10 and felt separating FSX and FS9 to be a good idea.

The Vista install was an upgrade from XP into the new partition.

I loaded FSX and the program runs normally but FSUIPC, loaded correctly in the Modules folder is not recognised by FSX nor is WideFS. Both are the latest versions.

Is there anything I can do to correct this s I like to use the program in a network and run peripheral programs in a separate computer?

Add to above post.

FSUIPC log states:-

266 System time = 14:28:33

281 FLT UNC path = "\\RJR\D\Users\Rob Ross\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

281 FS UNC path = "\\RJR\D\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1391 LogOptions=00000001

1391 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

32656 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 2, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

32656 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

32750 Now running with SimConnect Original

32750 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

32750 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 2, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

32750 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

32859 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities

47891 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

And Wideserver log states: -

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 06/11/07, Time 12:08:50.656: Server name is RJR

15328 Initialising TCP/IP server

15344 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15344 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

15344 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15344 Initialising UDP/IP server

16078 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

19359 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=3652) TCP

19422 Restarting service due to zero reception!

19437 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

22344 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=7292) TCP

22500 Connected to computer "MAIN" running WideClient version 6.750 (skt=7292) TCP

How do I correct the Problems?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

Add to above post.

FSUIPC log states:-

266 System time = 14:28:33

You missed some very important lines off! Please do not edit files before posting.

1391 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

32656 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 2, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

Because the first lines of the Log are missing, I cannot be more explicit. But:

1. The Version Mismatch error may be fixed by using the latest version of FSUIPC, but equally it may be due placing a SimConnect.dll file in places where it should not be -- it especially should not be in the Modules folder or in the FSX main folder.

2. If 1 does not fix it, you need to try a Simconnect repair as advised in the FSX Help announcement above.

3. If neither 1 nor 2, then a complete uninstall and re-install of SP1 and FSX may be needed.

4. If none of the above, you need to report it to MS Tech Support and get them to advise.

Regards

Pete