The simFlight Network Forums

Strange reverser problem

Hi Master Pete. Good your back.

I have 2 rev levers that have a mirco switch each that works reverse. I have it programmed thru the 2004 assig of buttons area. I think its call "reverse engine thrust." I raise them to reverse and they do OK, but when I close them down, the reverse stays on. The only way to shut off reverse, is to then move the main thrust levers just a hair forward, and reverse shuts off. Any ideas on what I can do? I have not yet tried to assign them thru your modules pull down under buttons/switches. If I should try it, which one of the items controls reverse for a twin jet plane?

Thanks

Randy

I have 2 rev levers that have a mirco switch each that works reverse. I have it programmed thru the 2004 assig of buttons area. I think its call "reverse engine thrust." I raise them to reverse and they do OK, but when I close them down, the reverse stays on. The only way to shut off reverse, is to then move the main thrust levers just a hair forward, and reverse shuts off.

This is because an axis value is ignored until it changes. To shut off reverse you need to send zero or a positive value to the thruster, but with no axis changes that cannot occur.

You could try programming the reverse switch as a toggle. Is it a button or a toggle anyway? If it's a real toggle then program "press" as you have but "release" as THROTTLE_SET, leaving the parameter as zero. If it is a button you'd have to use its Flag to get it to send these two controls alternately -- that means editing the INI file. Flags are discussed in the FSUIPC Advanced Users guide. Let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Pete