The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS for FSX question

Hi Pete,

I see that there are 2 Widefs 6.75s in your download page. Are they one in the same or is one for fs2004 and the one thats in the FSX box for that only?

I have fs2004 and am thinking of getting FSX. For your combo package of FSUIPC and WIDEFS downloads, what is the USA cost about?

Do I have to download always your FSUIPC and WIDEFS software onto the computer that will be running it, or can I recieve them on my office PC and e mail them then to my sim PC?

Since its impossible to ever contact the boys at CP Flight, do you know if I will have to get some sort of an upgrade to run their MCP unit with FSX?

Thanks

Randy

I see that there are 2 Widefs 6.75s in your download page. Are they one in the same or is one for fs2004 and the one thats in the FSX box for that only?

They are the same. It isn't "my" page, it is Enrico Schiratti's page where he designs things and decides where to put them. I assume he decided it was clearer to put a copy in each of the FSX and FS2004 sections with descriptions appropriately worded.

I have fs2004 and am thinking of getting FSX. For your combo package of FSUIPC and WIDEFS downloads, what is the USA cost about?

Sorry, I don't know conversion rates offhand. There's about 0.70 UKP to each Euro and about $US 2 to each UKP, so you can work it out roughly. Doesn't the site offer conversions?

Do I have to download always your FSUIPC and WIDEFS software onto the computer that will be running it, or can I recieve them on my office PC and e mail them then to my sim PC?

You can get them any way you like. They get shipped on disks too by many add-on producers.

Since its impossible to ever contact the boys at CP Flight, do you know if I will have to get some sort of an upgrade to run their MCP unit with FSX?

Does it need an upgrade? I thought it used FSUIPC so would be compatible in any case? You don't need to purchase FSUIPC for its use, they have a license.

Regards

Pete