The simFlight Network Forums

Autobrake Set Question

I would like to use The Autobrake Set feature but I am not sure how to go about it.

I take it it can only be assigned in the Bottons and Switches or the Key presses page?

I tried to use the Z axis on my Throttle Quadrant ( I used the right side of the Axis assignment page picked Autobrake Set from the FS Control drop down menu and set the parameter 1007)but that does not seem to work.

When you use the Autobrake Set feature (On the proper page)what all do you have to do? Does setting the parameter to 1007 take care of all the different settings like Off, RTO, 1.2.3.4.and 5.Does it just toggle through the different positions each time you toggle the button you have assigned?

I will get this all straight sooner or later I have 1 Generic and 7 specific assignments made so far.

Thanks again

I would like to use The Autobrake Set feature but I am not sure how to go about it.

Feature? Do you mean the Autobrake Set control?

I take it it can only be assigned in the Bottons and Switches or the Key presses page?

Not necessarily, but since the only valid parameter values are 0-5 it is difficult (but not impossible) to use with an axis.

I tried to use the Z axis on my Throttle Quadrant ( I used the right side of the Axis assignment page picked Autobrake Set from the FS Control drop down menu and set the parameter 1007)but that does not seem to work.

Erwhere are you reading that the parameter is 1007? That's the internal number of the Autobrake Set control. If you look it up it clearly says the parameter has to be 0 for RTO through to 5 for Max.

When you use the Autobrake Set feature (On the proper page)what all do you have to do? Does setting the parameter to 1007 take care of all the different settings like Off, RTO, 1.2.3.4.and 5.Does it just toggle through the different positions each time you toggle the button you have assigned?

Of course not. 1007 is the control called "Autobrake Set", exactly as documented. If you assign that control the parameter has to be ONE of 0-5, whichever setting you want it to do!

If you just want to increment or decrement it just use the normal FS controls, DECREASE AUTOBRAKE CONTROL (number 66299) or INCREASE AUTOBRAKE CONTROL (number 66298).

If you want to use an axis you will have to divide the axis into 6 zones and assign the AUTOBRAKE SET control plus relevant parameter in each zone. This uses the right-hand side of the Axis assignment facility in FSUIPC.

Pete