The simFlight Network Forums

GFDisplay Question

Hi Pete,

I am "almost" successfully using go-flight modules to control pmSystems, and using your GFDisplay program to control the led's etc. I am finding one problem that I hope you can help me with, however. I have successfully programmed two go-flight P8 buttons and leds to control the engine bleed air on the pmSystems panel. They work, however, after several minutes, the leds that indicate wither the engine bleed air is on/off extinguish despite the fact that the bleed air switches remain on (confirmed on the pmSystems graphic). I have included the relevant section of the ini file. The engine bleed air is for led # 5 and #7. I am having a similar problem with the APU Bleed. All the other leds that I have gotten working are doing so fine. Any ideas??

[GFP8.1] ; BOTTOM

Needs=V16 B E

B=7

L0=x5610 U8 =0

L1.1=C1x5618 U8 =0 Ff5on

L1.2=C2x5618 U8 =2 Ff1off

L2=x5611 U8 =0

L5=x5678 U8 M1

L6=x5678 U8 M10

L7=x5678 U8 M2

Jim

They work, however, after several minutes, the leds that indicate wither the engine bleed air is on/off extinguish despite the fact that the bleed air switches remain on (confirmed on the pmSystems graphic). I have included the relevant section of the ini file. The engine bleed air is for led # 5 and #7. I am having a similar problem with the APU Bleed. All the other leds that I have gotten working are doing so fine. Any ideas??

L5=x5678 U8 M1

L7=x5678 U8 M2

If there's nothing else driving these LEDs, and it takes several minutes to change, then it seems to indicate that the trigger is changing -- i.e. the bits in offset 5678. Use the FSUIPC Monitor facility (on the logging tab) to see what is happening to those. Are you sure they're correct?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply. I think that I have found the problem. It turns out that I had another button on the same GF module programmed as the parking brake (using GFConfig), and when I turned off the park brake, all the leds on that module that have been programmed using your software went blank. I have corrected the problem by programming the park brake using FSUIPC and GF Display.

Jim

It turns out that I had another button on the same GF module programmed as the parking brake (using GFConfig), and when I turned off the park brake, all the leds on that module that have been programmed using your software went blank.

Yes, I don't think one specific unit can be "shared" as all the LEDs are controlled by the same command.

Regards

Pete