The simFlight Network Forums

Display Problem

Hi Peter,

I thought I would say thank you for the many years of dedication to the FS community with FSUIPC, I don'y know where we would be without it, quite frankly, I never had a chance to say thanks as I do not have the need to post much but visit quite regularly to see the latest goings on.

I write to you with a small problem with my unregistered FSUIPC4, I feel the need now to start to move over to the "dreaded" FSX, its been on and off my hard drive many times.

OK, when I am in full screen mode with FSX, if I use the Windows key (between the ALT and CTRL) to go to the desktop, and switch back to FSX it returns to the screen without any problems, however when I install the FSUIPC and do the same, it will not bring FSX back into view, sometime I have to repeatedly hit it about 5 or 6 times to get it back into full screen mode.

If I uninstall FSUIPC, I have no problem, I can happily switch to and fro.

I did a search for this and remeber in one post that yousaid that FSUIPC does nothing with display settings, but obviously there is a problem here.

I have again uninstalled FSX, as I cannot continue with this niggly problem and was wondered if you are able to shed some light on what the problem might be. I am using 1280x1024 and my destop is at 1024x768 resolution. I have tried to match the desktop res with the FSX res but to no avail.

Steve

... when I am in full screen mode with FSX, if I use the Windows key (between the ALT and CTRL) to go to the desktop, and switch back to FSX it returns to the screen without any problems, however when I install the FSUIPC and do the same, it will not bring FSX back into view, sometime I have to repeatedly hit it about 5 or 6 times to get it back into full screen mode.

If I uninstall FSUIPC, I have no problem, I can happily switch to and fro.

I did a search for this and remeber in one post that yousaid that FSUIPC does nothing with display settings, but obviously there is a problem here.

Yes, there is, but there is absolutely no way that FSUIPC can interfere with any of that, and it can happen as well without FSUIPC, or indeed, other things installed instead. It is a video driver related problem and all that FSUIPC contributes is a timing and memory difference, and even then mostly not in FSUIPC but in the SimConnect component of FSX.

I was plagued with much worse problems with FSX -- switching between full screen and windowed, or between either and minimised, was always so precarious that I avoided doing it like the plague. However, the latest nVidia drivers seem to have fixed all that, at last (177.70, or better 177.79). And, yes, I got those problems with FSX fresh install, nothing else added, not just with FSUIPC installed.

So I repeat, and re=emphasise, there is absolutely nothing in FSUIPC which can possibly interfere with anything FSX does with your video displays. And I am getting rather tired of taking blame for something which has occurred with FSX now for all the time since it has been released and happens in all sorts of circumstances.

Pete

Hi Peter,

OK, your sentence mentioning Simconnect, I will try down this avenue then as I do not think its was working correctly after the initial install. I have never had display problems in FSX with the very limited time I have had it on my system.

I keep my system in very good order as well as my 4 other systems that run different FS programs with multi-displays, as most issues I do sort out myself, sometimes spending hours rectifying an issue. I do not resort to posting on support forums lightly, without exploring obvious avenues beforehand.

I do apologise if you think you are getting blamed for display issues, I just had a small issue, Ill go back and play now.