The simFlight Network Forums

Need help on FSUIPC help pls T.T

Hi let me introduce myself, i'm a student and is new to FSUIPC and Flight simulator.

Basically i'm working on a project that is to simulate the actual pitch,yaw and roll movement of a F16 flighter plane from the MS FS2004 onto a moving plateform (small model plane driven by servo motors to move its 3 moving axis).

From what i had learnt is that i will need a FSUIPC which will transmit the data it receive from the MS FS 2004 to my central control unit (CCU2) and which will then drive my servo motors moving.

For the FSUIPC part,

can i check whether this stuff i downloaded is enough for my work?

1. driver15 (for ccu detection)

2. TRC_setup 37

3. FSUIPC_3

4. FSUIPC SDK

i will like to ask about the license part about the FSUIPC_3, is it essential for my work?

i am also working on C + + so how can i interface it with this FSUIPC ? is it through FSUIPC SDK?

For the FSUIPC part,

can i check whether this stuff i downloaded is enough for my work?

1. driver15 (for ccu detection)

2. TRC_setup 37

3. FSUIPC_3

4. FSUIPC SDK

No idea about 1 and 2, but, yes, all you need for the FSUIPC side is included in FSUIPC.ZIP and the SDK. You should also scan the Announcements above for later updates and notes.

i will like to ask about the license part about the FSUIPC_3, is it essential for my work?

No. The user license provides additional facilities, some of which may well be useful to you but not essential. The SDK covers the application interface, which is free for freeware. The user guide for FSUIPC will tell you about the user facilities which you can pay for.

i am also working on C + + so how can i interface it with this FSUIPC ? is it through FSUIPC SDK?

Yes. C or C++ is actually the best language to interface to FSUIPC as it is all written in C/C++ (well, with some ASM too), and the LIB file is aimed at C. The source of the LIB is also provided if you prefer your own integrated code. There are some basic examples provided, but for a C++ programmer it should all be pretty easy to work out in any case.

This will have to be my last message till October 1st or so, as I'm leaving on holiday in a couple of hours.

Regards

Pete

thanks for your reply, realy means alot to me.

For my project as stated above i'm working on a F16 aircaft stimulating its 3 movements axis (roll ,pitch and roll) onto a moving model plane driven by 3 servo motors.

As i know that servo motor can only rotate up to 180 degrees but my F16 aircaft has a 360 degrees of freedom. i'm thinking of creating a C++ program to loop this 180 degrees to 360 degrees.

The main points come, Q1. i will like to know where do i locate the data of the roll ,pitch and roll from the MS FS2004? and Q2.if i'm going to ''add'' in a C++ program ,how do i do it?

Can any kind soul is being able to help me will pete is away?

• 2 weeks later...

As i know that servo motor can only rotate up to 180 degrees but my F16 aircaft has a 360 degrees of freedom. i'm thinking of creating a C++ program to loop this 180 degrees to 360 degrees.

I think you'll find that what matters in a motion platform is not the actual angles but the CHANGE in angles -- i.e. accelerations. The body feels those. In balanced flight the only cues to angles are visual -- i.e. out the window and instrumentation. All you need to do is move the platform in the right directions, but by small amounts, at speeds commensurate with the accelerations.

In balanced (unaccelerated) flight you'd then slowly level the platform again, imperceptibly, so that it is again ready.

You can read velocities and accelerations in all 6 axes through FSUIPC, so all the information you need is definitely available.

The main points come, Q1. i will like to know where do i locate the data of the roll ,pitch and roll from the MS FS2004? and

You need to download the FSUIPC SDK. All the information is there. Just look.

Q2.if i'm going to ''add'' in a C++ program ,how do i do it?

What do you mean "add"? I'm assuming you do not mean normal arithmetic addition which surely you know is as easy in C++ as in any other language.

Regards

Pete