The simFlight Network Forums

View Won't Stop Rolling

I'm in FS9, using FSUIPC payware version 3.42 -- I've been tweaking my computer tonight, and now my (bl**dy) Saitek pedals are sending a "phantom" command to FSUIPC and the forward view won't stop rolling end over end. This happened to me once before after a reinstall, and I actually wrote the fix down, but that was 2 computers ago and now I can't find my notes or remember how I fixed it. I've done everything my little brain can think of tonight including deleting the FS9.cfg file and let the sim rebuild but no joy.

If I delete the FSUIPC.ini file and restart FS9, the rolling stops, of course, but I'm trying to avoid a complete reprogramming of all my planes, buttons, axes, reversers, custom ashtrays, etc. Can anyone tell me what command I should be looking for in the .ini file that I may be able to delete/reprogram to stop the madness? I know it's the Saitek pedals because if I unplug them from the USB port the rolling immediately stops.

Thank you very much for your time.

Chuck B.

MACHINE 1: FS2004/WinXP Pro 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Clocked to 4.1 GHz, Thermaltake TMG i1 Air Cooler, Asus Maximus Formula MB, 4GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1066, ATI 4870, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB Hard Drive, Analog 2HTG w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad PSU, FSNAV, FSPassengers, FSUPIC (Payware Version), FSHotSFX, WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension E520, ActiveSky v6.5, FDC Live Cockpit, Radar Contact v4.3, WideClient

MACHINE 3: Dell Dimension, Ugly Gray Box Butsolidasarock P4, FDC LiveCockpit, WideClient

If I delete the FSUIPC.ini file and restart FS9, the rolling stops, of course, but I'm trying to avoid a complete reprogramming of all my planes, buttons, axes, reversers, custom ashtrays, etc. Can anyone tell me what command I should be looking for in the .ini file that I may be able to delete/reprogram to stop the madness? I know it's the Saitek pedals because if I unplug them from the USB port the rolling immediately stops.

In FSUIPC's "Logging" page, enable Event and Axis logging, then look at the FSUIPC.LOG file to see what FS control is repeating all he time. Sounds like you have something assigned to one of the PAN controls.

Pete

Thank you, Pete. Here are the two logs I created and my .ini file -- I see the Pan View event, but how would I now stop it? My .ini file is assigned to the correct numbered switches on my CH yoke hat switch: 32 - 39.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thank you, Pete. Here are the two logs I created and my .ini file

You seem to have omitted to paste them in!

I see the Pan View event, but how would I now stop it? My .ini file is assigned to the correct numbered switches on my CH yoke hat switch: 32 - 39.

But you said it was the Saitek pedals causing ityou said "I know it's the Saitek pedals because if I unplug them from the USB port the rolling immediately stops.".

In the log, in the same line as you found "PAN VIEW", there would also have been the FS control number, probably 66416. You need to find the line in your [buttons] or [Axes] section(s) (more than one each if you are using Aircraft-specific assignments) which contains that control number. Then delete that line (or better, to test, just comment it out by putting a ; at the start of the line.

You can do this whilst FS is running, then go to FSUIPC's Axes or Buttons tabs and pressing the Reload button there, so it reloads the INI file settings for that group.

Regards

Pete

Thank you, Pete. Here are the two logs I created and my .ini file

You seem to have omitted to paste them in!

I uploaded them with that post as an attachment in order to keep the board from being clogged with a lot of text. Looks like that feature didn't work.

Pete, thank you for your time and help with this. I did post a complete response to your last post yesterday afternoon which included the text of my logs and FSUIPC.ini file, but it didn't go through. (I didn't have much luck with SimFlight's forums this weekend. :-) )

After that, I then saw that there were indeed two "pan view" sections in my .ini file assigned to the hat switch numbers (32-39), one which I had failed to notice at first. The first was assigned to "controller1" and the other right underneath was assigned to "controller2".

Since I had already spent some significant time on this issue it was at that point that I simply slapped my forehead, and decided to delete and rebuild my .ini file completely from scratch which is what I should have done in the first place. I then copied and pasted my custom aircraft settings into the new .ini file from the text of my backup .ini and I'll tweak those as needed and as I go along.

Again, thank you for your time and help with this, especially on a Sunday.

Best regards,

Chuck B.

KPHL, KVAY