The simFlight Network Forums

Networking - confused and frustrated

Hi there! I am running 2 machines, both with Vista Home Premium fully patched

On the FSX machine I have FSUIPC ver 4.4 - the window running FSX has "Microsoft Flight Simulator X with WideServer: waiting for clients" in its title bar

On the other machine I am running WideFS with WideClient 6.7.8.0

When I try to run WideClient I get a blank window titled "WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Waiting for a connection" - is this normal if FSX is running on the other machine?

Neither FS Commander nor Radar Contact 4 (latest versions) can connect to FSX when they are started on the second machine with WideClient running as above

I have shared the FSX and /documents/Flight Simulator X Files folders on the FSX machine, and have also mapped network drives to them as suggested in the FS Commander manual

What am I doing wrong??

Don

:lol: Jim - thanks so much! I am using ESET Smart Security and it was indeed a firewall issue. When I disable its firewall everything works fine. Now all I need to do is learn how to configure its firewall to allow access so I don't have to disable it completely. Thanks again!

Don