The simFlight Network Forums

Odd Vertical Speed reported from FSUIPC

Pete,

I use an ACARS system from flyingtigersgroup.org. It has always worked well with FSUIPC. Part of its features is reporting our v/s upon landing. This has worked great until recently. Before I redid my pc (upgraded to 64bit os) I was using a version of FSUIPC prior to 4.4. Now I am running the latest version, 4.417 with wideclient 6.781. Now their acars system is reporting very goofy vertical speeds. The code for the ACARS system hasn't changed, and the only new variable is that I updated to the latest FSUIPC version.

For example on my two most recent flights the V/S reported in at -750351101 and 813761054.

I've also asked the ACARS developer if he could let me know what fields / variables ect. he uses to calculate the VS in his program as it talks directly to your FSUIPC program.

This is the call they use in their ACARS program: FSUIPC_Read($030C, 4, @(vertical_speed.t_d), dwResult);

Let me know what I need to do to generate a log file for you. This seems to be happening on every flight since the update, so I can do a quick 15min flight someplace to get you the data.

Thanks.

Jason L.

For example on my two most recent flights the V/S reported in at -750351101 and 813761054.

... This is the call they use in their ACARS program: FSUIPC_Read($030C, 4, @(vertical_speed.t_d), dwResult);

Found it. Apologies. Will be fixed in next increment. Let me catch up with my 3 days of accumulated messages and questions first, then I'll fix it.

[LATER]

Okay, fixed in 4.418, now available. Looks like it only ever affected version 4.417, not any of the many other versions since you last updated!

Regards

Pete