The simFlight Network Forums

Analog axes to send keypresses

Hi there,

I recently purchased the A2A P-47 and ran into a problem that I cannot solve right now.

The P-47 has a dedicated turbo-booster control which can be mapped by a proprietary tool from A2A to any analog axes device.

Unfortunately this is not working for me (and I discuss this with A2A).

In the meantime I can circumvent my problem if I could program on of my analogues axes to send keystrokes.

The turbo booster can be controlled by two regular FS-X keys - one for increase and one for decrease.

Offers FSUIPC a way to have an analogues axes to send a given number of one key when moved into one direction and another key, when moved into the opposite direction?

I'm not speaking about zones here.

Let's say there are about 20 keystrokes needed to move the turbo from idle to full.

Then I want FSUPIC to send 20 increase keys while I move the lever from idle to max.

Can this be done with FSUIPC?

I've read the manual, but couldn't find an indication on how to set this up.

Cheers & any hints welcome (point me to the right page in the manual if I overlooked it),

Emacs

Offers FSUIPC a way to have an analogues axes to send a given number of one key when moved into one direction and another key, when moved into the opposite direction?

I'm not speaking about zones here.

Let's say there are about 20 keystrokes needed to move the turbo from idle to full.

Then I want FSUPIC to send 20 increase keys while I move the lever from idle to max.

You are talking about zones -- maybe 20 of them, or only 10 counting entry and exit boundaries separately.

Obviously FSUIPC needs to know what numbers mean what action, as as you cannot rely on EVERY possible number always being seen as you move the lever, they have to be ranges, however small. i.e. zones.

Can this be done with FSUIPC? I've read the manual, but couldn't find an indication on how to set this up.

Yes. You do it on the right-hand side of the Axis assignments tab.

Cheers & any hints welcome (point me to the right page in the manual if I overlooked it),

The axis assignments chapter. There are only 10 zones allowed, so for 20 keystrokes over the range you'd need to program both the entry to and exit from each of 10 zones to send the "Key Press & Release" -- as in fact shown as the last example in the Chapter.

Regards

Pete