The simFlight Network Forums

I don't have any problem :) just a suggestion

Hi peter, (and sorry for my poor english)

First of all, a big thanks to you for your great addons and constant support on this forum.

i have a small suggestion for a functionnality in fsuipc.

we can assign a function to a button press, another one for a button release, and repeatition. ok.

Is it possible to have in a future release the ability to assign a function in case of a "long press" on a button.

ex : if i press the button 2 seconds, i want a different functionnality than if i do a normal (quick) button down/up.

and i a stay more, the "long press" functionnality will be repeat eventually..

it's not a request but more a suggestion if others are interresting. it would be easy to implement

Is it possible to have in a future release the ability to assign a function in case of a "long press" on a button.

ex : if i press the button 2 seconds, i want a different functionnality than if i do a normal (quick) button down/up.

and i a stay more, the "long press" functionnality will be repeat eventually.

The problem then is how do I differentiate between a "long press" and someone just normally wanting to repeat the current "press and hold" programming? I don't see how you could have both.

Incidentally, in the new releases just out the button repeat action has a delay (adjustable in the INI file), so you can make, say, one increment easily enough and hold for faster repeating. The default gives you something like 2/3rds second.

2 seconds is a long time pressing a button, especially if you are trying to fly and airplane at the same time! ;-)

Regards

Pete

The problem then is how do I differentiate between a "long press" and someone just normally wanting to repeat the current "press and hold" programming? I don't see how you could have both.

i'm agree than you can not differenciate programmaticaly

SO, an option in the button parameters, to choose between

- repeating the action of the "short time" press

or

- doing another action on "long time" press (time ajustable) ?

and in this case, if you hold more than the "long time", this is the "long time" action that is repeat

2 seconds is a long time pressing a button, especially if you are trying to fly and airplane at the same time! ;-)

sure. A short key press is something like 3/10 or 4/10 of sec. a long can be 1 sec. ..ajustable by the user. and at ground where you have more time, may be it can be usefull

but it was just an idea, nothing more ;)

Thx for your interrest and your reply

SO, an option in the button parameters, to choose between

- repeating the action of the "short time" press

or

- doing another action on "long time" press (time ajustable) ?

and in this case, if you hold more than the "long time", this is the "long time" action that is repeat

And, in the latter case, repeating immediately -- or are you suggesting another delay to decide whether to repeat or not?

You also realise, I assume, that the latter option would preclude having a separate assignment for the button release? In order to determine whether to do the short-time or the long-time action, the release would need to occur before the short-term action could occur.

It is going to be very complicated for ordinary users to understand precisely what is going on, I think. What, exactly is the application for this you have in mind, please?

Regards

Pete