The simFlight Network Forums

Offsets for APU EGT, Duct Pressure, Cabin Climb

I was writing to check if there are offsets for APU EGT, Fuel Temp, Duct Pressure and Cabin Climb.

I looked through the FSUIPC offset table in the SDK and couldnt find it. I guess I am searching using the wrong term - unless, of course, there arent any offsets for those entities.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CPJ

I was writing to check if there are offsets for APU EGT, Fuel Temp, Duct Pressure and Cabin Climb.

I looked through the FSUIPC offset table in the SDK and couldnt find it. I guess I am searching using the wrong term - unless, of course, there arent any offsets for those entities.

Which version of FS?

Before FSX none of these were simulated as far as I can tell. In FSX the others are hardly simulated. There's no readout of the APU EGT nor fuel temperature supplied. I can't see any mention of "duct pressure" -- is there another name for that? But in FSUIPC4, as documented in the SDK, all the pressurisation values are included -- didn't you do a search? Offsets 0318-0328.

Pete

I use MSFS 2004.

I did perform a search on the PDF titled "FSUIPC for programmers" and couldnt find any offsets for APU EGT, Duct Pressure, Cabin Climb.

I did find the offsets you mention - 0318-0328 - in the "FSUIPC Offsets Status" document. However, I understood that to be specific to FSX only.

Duct Pressure - its the gauge on right-side of the overhead on the 737 - just below cabin climate control panel.

I guess these were never modeled in FS2004.

Thanks Pete.

Best regards,

CPJ

I use MSFS 2004.

None of those are simulated in FS 2004 as far as I know. Do you know different?

I did perform a search on the PDF titled "FSUIPC for programmers" and couldnt find any offsets for APU EGT, Duct Pressure, Cabin Climb.

Because FSUIPC can only present information actually present in FS.

I did find the offsets you mention - 0318-0328 - in the "FSUIPC Offsets Status" document. However, I understood that to be specific to FSX only.

Of course. It does say that, and the title is "FSUIPC4 ...".

Duct Pressure - its the gauge on right-side of the overhead on the 737 - just below cabin climate control panel.

The overhead in the default 737 for FS2004? The so-called "overhead" only contains 6 toggle switches, a simplified fuel switch (for crossfeed only), and two incorrect starter switches. Where are you looking?

Add-on aircraft, like those from PMDG, may implement the other systems more adequately, but their values are not necessarily accessible, and certainly not identifiable, to FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Pete:

Thanks for confirming that.

I am looking at the add-on overhead. Since PMDG doesnt give out much about thier inner workings i posted here to see check on a couple of things -

a) if I was using the wrong search terms and wondered if they were called something different. I guess not.

b) Since APU EGT is not itself simulated in FS 2004, if there was a different way to extrapolate APU EGT by reading something that is actually simulated in FS. Guess not, once again.

Appreciate your response.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards

CPJ