The simFlight Network Forums

Cougar problem with the new FSUIPC 4.50

Hello Pete,

I have installed the new version 4.5 over the 4.432 yhay you sent to me, which worked very well. I found now several issues:

The button assignments of my Cougar do not function anymore. The Cougar is disconnected after several push on the buttons, and I have to reboot the PC to bring it back alive. I have to go back on 4.432

Hello Pete,

I have installed the new version 4.5 over the 4.432 yhay you sent to me, which worked very well. I found now several issues:

The button assignments of my Cougar do not function anymore. The Cougar is disconnected after several push on the buttons, and I have to reboot the PC to bring it back alive. I have to go back on 4.432

What do you mean, "disconnected". Nothing in my code can cause that. 4.432 cannot be supported, it includes some bugs in any case.

What is a "Cougar"?

I suspect you have something programmed which did not work correctly in 4.432 and you are making use of something which should not happen in any case. Going back does not help.

Please reinstall 4.50, and update to 4.506 (from the Updates announcement above), so we are both using the same version.

Then, in FSUIPC's Logging options, enable Button logging and Event logging (not Axis). Close FSX and reload it, so it starts off with the logging enabled. Now reproduce the problem (making careful note, please, of what buttons you are pressing and what you expect to happen), then close FSX, and send me all the details -- ZIP up the FSUIPC4.LOG file, and the FSUIPC4.INI file. Send to petedowson@btconnect.com. I will take a look.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete, thank you for your quick answer,

Cougar is the Hotas Cougar from Thrustmaster: One joystick (ex F22) ans one throttle (ex TQS22). I do not have the pedals, mine are the CH Pro.

I am afraid that your new release has taken control of all my joysticks and throttle. None of the controls are working any more, except those programmed through FSUIPC (Rudder trim, elevator trim, spoilers, and throttle). More, FSUIPC does not see my other buttons, if I press one in the Button section or in the Key Presses section, it is not seen; The section select for hotkey press is greyed, so is also the select for FS control. My Joystick is fully functionnal in Vista, each button is seen on the control Panel of the Cougar. I send you the files as required.

Strange ???

I am afraid that your new release has taken control of all my joysticks and throttle.

FSUIPC takes control of nothing unless you tell it to! And there is absolutely no way it can take control away from FS -- this is why you have to disable controls in FS when using them via FSUIPC, or else you get duplicate actions!

There is no way I know for any program to stop FS reading joystick axes or buttons. As far as I know it is just not possible. You evidently have disabled them in FS.

I send you the files as required

From what you now say, I really don't think they will be of any use at all to me. You have something else wrong which is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC! Get your controls working in FS, leave out FSUIPC4. When you have them working, only then look at FSUIPC again.

Pete

From what you now say, I really don't think they will be of any use at all to me

This is true. The files show me nothing useful at all.

The excessive number of EVENTs are being generated automatically by your Aircraft panel. If you test again, after you have your joysticks working properly in FS, be sure to run with a default aircraft. I cannot deal with add-ons initially. you must get things working by default first.

Your main problem at present appears to be nothing to do with FSUIPC, and it certainly cannot be just due to changing from 4.4xx to 4.5xx. You've had something else change.

I repeat, FSUIPC CANNOT stop FSX seeing joystick buttons, only YOU can do that by disabling them in FSX. If neither FSX nor FSUIPC can see them, then you have something else wrong, presumably with the joystick's drivers. (I'd love to be able to stop FS seeing joysticks I'm controlling, as it would save a lot of problems supporting folks who get things duplicated, but I cannot do so).

Don't forget to test your setup with a default aircraft. Sophisticated add-ons like the Level D 767 make things much more complex to resolve.

Pete

OK ok Pete, as usual, you were right... :)

The Thrusmaster Cougar were programmed through his software FOXY, with 2 files, one is Joystick controls, the other is Macros controls. The controls are downloaded into the ROM of the joystick through software, and emulation for FS or Windows is then made. For some strange electrical reason (component dead or ROM program delayed), the ROM does'nt give any command yet. As soon as I have disabled the emulation, I have seen all my buttons recognized from FSUIPC, and programmable through it.

So I have all reprogrammed trough FSUIPC interface, and everything is allright to fly FSX, now. So thank you for your help one more time .

I have now to understand what is wrong with the memory of the joystick, perhaps to flah the ROM..., but nothing to do with FSUIPC.