The simFlight Network Forums

IPC sendmessage failed all retries

Hi,

I'm using FSX but not the delux version with fsuipc4 (registered) the demo's that came with the fsuipc sdk just give me the following error "IPC sendmessage failed all retries". Both read and write IPC is checked in the fsuipc add-on.

The "IPC read" and "IPC write" entries in the Logging page merely turn the Logging on. They don't enable or disable the ability for programs to connect. Look in the FSX Modules folder and find the Log, see whether anything got through with those options enabled. Also investigate the FSInterrogate program from the SDK, which can show you everything you need.

If you are running on Vista or win7 are you by any chance running FSX "as administrator" and the applications not, or vice versa? If so then they cannot talk to each other -- Vista and Win7 prevent programs of different privilege levels sharing data. Run them both normally, or, if you must (why?), both as administrator.

The symptoms you suggest are exactly what you'd get if Vista (or Win7) was preventing the exchanges. Show me a log next time, okay?

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Heading Indicator not returning same result. Heading Displays 30 Dec but my code returns 18 Dec.

double Heading = 0;

double Variation = 0;

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Read(0x0580, 4, ref token, ref dwResult);

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Process(ref dwResult);

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Get(ref token, ref dwResult);

Heading = dwResult;

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Read(0x02A0, 4, ref token, ref dwResult);

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Process(ref dwResult);

result = fsuipc.FSUIPC_Get(ref token, ref dwResult);

Variation = dwResult;

Heading = Heading * 360 / (65536.0 * 65536.0);

Variation = Heading - (Variation * 360 / 65536.0);

if (Variation < 0)

{

Variation += 360;

}

else if (Variation > 360)

{

Variation -= 360;

}

textBox11.Text = String.Format("{0:#}", Variation) + " Dec";

Heading Indicator not returning same result. Heading Displays 30 Dec but my code returns 18 Dec.

What are the values? Where in the World are you? And why are you reading 4 bytes for the Magnetic Variation, which is only 2 bytes? You'll be picking up whatever is in the following two bytes as well!

Please note that I do not debug code for folks, especially not code in a language I don't know using an interface I didn't create. If you want help with understanding what you are getting, use the facilities I provide -- FSInterrogate for comparisons, and FSUIPC logging (IPC read logging in this case) to check what you are reading. I can help you understand the log if you find that confusing at all.

Regards

Pete

This is the interface that you created, it is called FSUIPC4 and I'm using the C# sdk example from your site.

No, I only created the C/C++ interfaces, and I do not have a "site".

The C# interface uses programs and other bits kindly supplied by other users. C# is a managed language and does weird things which I do not understand. Others will be able to help. If you are using the Client DLL from Mr. Henty then you will see a sticky thread above.

I can help if you show me things I understand and for which i provide the tools for you to use -- the logging primarily, but also FSInterrogate (kindly supplied by Pelle Liljendal).

Finally, even the FSUIPC C/C++ interface was not created/invented by me, it was one Adam Szofran who invented it back in FS95 days. I merely provide the continuity and ever-going expansion.

I honestly do not know how you expect me to check you code in any case, even if I did understand it, without seeing the two values you are reading. All you supplied was the result -- fat lot of good that is, don't you think? And even not knowing the language I did point out your obvious programming error, that of the wrong size for the MagVar.

Regards

Pete