The simFlight Network Forums

Activesky 6.5 Problem

Pete,

I bought FSUIPC today and am really enjoying the ability to program joysticks so easily!

I do have a slight problem since installing FSUIPC though; I use Activsky 6.5 for my weather, and Activesky is no longer recognizing Flight Simulator. It keeps saying FS is not connected.

FSUIPC is the only thing that I've changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob Hansford

I bought FSUIPC today and am really enjoying the ability to program joysticks so easily!

I do have a slight problem since installing FSUIPC though; I use Activsky 6.5 for my weather, and Activesky is no longer recognizing Flight Simulator. It keeps saying FS is not connected.

FSUIPC is the only thing that I've changed.

And what about FSUIPC have you changed? Just registering it? If so there are only two possible explanations:

1. Either your registration key is a forgery, one made by a pirate key generator

or, perhaps more likely:

2. The key was made on a later date than your system date, making it look invalid.

If you've just bought the key this evening and you live in America then it is possible it won't be valid until tomorrow (Saturday) arrives there. In the very latest updates available in this Forum I've changed this so that the registration is valid for one day before the registration date, but the main Installer versions haven't been updated yet. Oddly this problem has only cropped up a few times, and all just recently -- Americans are making purchases later in the day than they used to, perhaps? ;-)

Regards

Pete

• 2 years later...

Pete, I'm having the same problem. Valid FSUPIC registration, and I will be happy to supply the invoice for you if necessary, FSX, and Active Sky 6.5, all running on Win7 64 bit. I start Active Sky first, and then FSX, and it continues to say "FS not connected." I have been looking around for answers but haven't found one yet. All features of FSUPIC appear to be working normally as I have my Warthog HOTAS mapped through it and no problems with that at all. Any ideas?

john croft

Pete, I'm having the same problem. Valid FSUPIC registration, and I will be happy to supply the invoice for you if necessary, FSX, and Active Sky 6.5, all running on Win7 64 bit. I start Active Sky first, and then FSX, and it continues to say "FS not connected." I have been looking around for answers but haven't found one yet. All features of FSUPIC appear to be working normally as I have my Warthog HOTAS mapped through it and no problems with that at all. Any ideas?

ActiveSky does not need an FSUIPC registration, it is a licensed FSUIPC product in any case.

I don't remember ActiveSky 6.5 well enough to know if it retries connection. I use ASE. Why not try starting it after FSX is up and running to see if it simply needs it running first?

If that doesn't work I'd need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG file. First, make sure you are using a supported version of FSUIPC4 -- no older than 4.70, but better the current release, 4.745 or later. Close FSX afterr attempting to connect please. You can paste the log here.

Regards

Pete

ActiveSky does not need an FSUIPC registration, it is a licensed FSUIPC product in any case.

I don't remember ActiveSky 6.5 well enough to know if it retries connection. I use ASE. Why not try starting it after FSX is up and running to see if it simply needs it running first?

If that doesn't work I'd need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG file. First, make sure you are using a supported version of FSUIPC4 -- no older than 4.70, but better the current release, 4.745 or later. Close FSX afterr attempting to connect please. You can paste the log here.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. I installed the latest version (4.745) and everything works as it should now. I had ver 4.53, don't know why there was a problem with that, but thanks for the quick response...

john croft