The simFlight Network Forums

Freeware add-ons don't see FS2004 now

Hello, I tried looking around in the forum for an answer to a problem I was having after registering your program but I couldn't find a solution.

Here's my problem..for many years I have used your unregistered version of FSUIPC with all my versions of flight simulator. I currently am running FS9 with FSUIPC 3.74 and have a few freeware add-on programs, specically aiseparation and Aismooth, which I use for every flight. These programs have run without any issues up until today when I decided it was finally time to register my copy of FSUIPC and get it's full functionality (especially when dealing with smoothing out of the visibility changes with real world static weather loaded). After visiting SimMarket's web site and purchasing my key, I typed in the registration key in fsuipc via FS2004 and everything thing registered and loads correctly and I now have full functionality with all the tabs you can click for the many different options available within fsuipc. The problem now is after I start up FS2004 and it loads up correctly, when I go start up aiseparation and aismooth they don't see FS2004 and therefore don't connect to it and now I can't use them. I have other "hardware" that I use with FS9 like several Goflight modules and those seem to be working OK, so I can't figure out why those freeware programs can't see FS9 in order to function properly. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help and thanks for all you have done for flight simulation.

Sorry ladies and gents....just after posting I took one more quick look around and saw the solution to my problem just 10 posts below mine. Did what you suggested in that post and now all is fine. Thanks again :D

If this is regarding a 2010 registration for FSUIPC3, didn't you receive my email on the subject? I don't think I've missed anyone. I've sent notices about what is needed to all 2010 FSUIPC3 or WideFS6 registrations so far. Let me seeyes, I sent yours at 22:41 GMT on Sunday 3rd Jan. Maybe it is in your Spam folder?

Regards

Pete