The simFlight Network Forums

FSX now won't start

Hi,

I have just installed FSUIPC v4.57 onto my Windows 7 64 Bit PC. I have FSX and Accelerator pack installed corectly and previously working.

Now when I start FSX I get the error message shown below but if I select not to run FSUIPC then FSX runs normally. Selecting yes run this software, starts FSX but crashes with a memory problem.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Gordon Lindsay

Error message

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name FSUIPC4 DLL:FS new universal IPC interface

Version 4.57

Comapny: Peter L. Dawson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

I have just installed FSUIPC v4.57 onto my Windows 7 64 Bit PC. I have FSX and Accelerator pack installed corectly and previously working.

Now when I start FSX I get the error message shown below but if I select not to run FSUIPC then FSX runs normally. Selecting yes run this software, starts FSX but crashes with a memory problem.

That sounds very much like a corrupted file problem, not FSUIPC but possibly the weather file for the default flight. When the crash occurs can you get the details? The address of the crash would be helpful. Does it specifically identify FSUIPC4.DLL there too? If mot, which module?

First of all, try replacing the FSUIPC4.DLL by the latest update -- 4.593 from the Updates and other Goodies announcement here in the Forum. There's been a lot of changes since 4.57 was released (in fact I'm preparing 4.60 for release this coming week).

If that doesn't help, find the default initial set of FLT files FSX is loading, from the My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder and move them elsewhere, so it can't load them.

Finally, if that doesn't help, try renaming your FSX.CFG file so FSX makes a new one. That will reset your FSX settings to default.

If none of those help we have to start looking for interaction with other add-ons which might be loading at the same time. I'll need a SimConnect log for that: see the FSX Help announcement for details of how to make one of those.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Although FSX now loads properly, I appear to have a problem with FSUIPC.

If I try to connect from Flightsim Commander, I get a message 'Unable to connect (no process response)' although I can connect it to X-Plane.

Looking through all the posts, it points towards dll.xml but this appears to be correct. There is an entry pointing to Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

On running FSX, the FSUIPC appears under the Addon menu but it does not appear in the Addon Manager, is this correct?

Is there something I am missing? I would appreciate some advise.

Regards

Gordon

Although FSX now loads properly, I appear to have a problem with FSUIPC.

If I try to connect from Flightsim Commander, I get a message 'Unable to connect (no process response)' although I can connect it to X-Plane.

I'd need to see the log file -- FSUIPC4.LOG, from the FSX Modules folder. Close FSX first, then find it and paste it into a message here

Looking through all the posts, it points towards dll.xml but this appears to be correct. There is an entry pointing to Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

That's correct.

On running FSX, the FSUIPC appears under the Addon menu but it does not appear in the Addon Manager, is this correct?

I've no idea what "Addon Manager" is, but it isn't a standard part of FSX nor anything to do with FSUIPC. If FSUIPC's menu entry is there in the FSX AddOns menu, then it is loaded and running.

[LATER]

It occurred to me that you may be running FSX "as administrator" but not FS Commander, or vice versa. Both must be run at the same privilege level or Windows stops them talking!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I was running both FSX and FSC as Administrator with no luck.

I decided to totally remove FSUIPC again, then reboot my PC and install FSUIPC again.

It then decided to work properly, very weird. At least it is all working now.

Thanks again for all your help and I am sorry to have been such a pain but it was most illogical.

Kind regards

Gordon