The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc Ini File

Hi Pete,

I've been away for a couple of years taking a sabatical from FS. I'm back to using FS9 and have been relearning how to set up Key Presses in FSUIPC v. 3.98 and I would like to know if there is a way to document the fsuipc.ini file. I want to make comments to myself so I will be able to see at a glance what a particular Key Press does. I tried the usual means, 2 forward slashes, apostrophe, semi-colon. When I come back to the file after restarting FS9, I see the following preceeding my comments: !1=

Is that the way to do it? Or, is that an error message? Or is it not possible to add REM lines to the fsuipc.ini file?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Pete,

I've been away for a couple of years taking a sabatical from FS. I'm back to using FS9 and have been relearning how to set up Key Presses in FSUIPC v. 3.98 and I would like to know if there is a way to document the fsuipc.ini file. I want to make comments to myself so I will be able to see at a glance what a particular Key Press does. I tried the usual means, 2 forward slashes, apostrophe, semi-colon. When I come back to the file after restarting FS9, I see the following preceeding my comments: !1=

Is that the way to do it? Or, is that an error message? Or is it not possible to add REM lines to the fsuipc.ini file?

Thanks,

Tim

There appear to be a couple of ways to add comments. here is a small portion of some of my FSUIPC4.ini

file programming statements with comments:

!1=//---------------------- A2A B-17G CONTROL SETS ----------------

[Buttons.Boeing B-17G]
!1=//SET 1 GENERATORS, FUEL PUMPS, FUEL VALVES, CONTROLS LOCK
0=B66C0=0 PD,14,CM6:39,0 ;TOGGLE ENG1 FUEL VALVE
1=B66C0=0 PD,16,CM6:40,0 ;TOGGLE ENG2 FUEL VALVE
2=B66C0=0 PD,18,CM6:41,0 ;TOGGLE ENG3 FUEL VALVE
3=B66C0=0 PA,0,CM6:42,0 ;TOGGLE ENG4 FUEL VALVE
4=B66C0=0 PD,15,C66340,0 ;TOGGLE FUEL PUMP 1
5=B66C0=0 PD,17,C66341,0 ;TOGGLE FUEL PUMP 2
6=B66C0=0 PD,19,C66342,0 ;TOGGLE FUEL PUMP 3
7=B66C0=0 PA,1,C66343,0 ;TOGGLE FUEL PUMP 4

Using the semicolon on the same line as the code seems to work just fine. For the

"headers" or extended text comments the !1=// construct works. The numbers do not

need to be unique it seems and I'm not sure what if just !1 or !1= will work. All

of my commented entries have the minimum of !1=//

Paul