The simFlight Network Forums

Lua capabilities

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just test and the __gc are still not called with this version.

If I let the script ends by itself, I mean not adding a blocking event.offset(...), the __gc are properly called.

I'll change my moduleso that people can handle script interruption with your event.terminate() method.

Anyway, thank you very much Pete.

Just test and the __gc are still not called with this version.

So "lua_close" does no garbage collection? That makes no sense at all! :-(

I've no idea whatsoever how to force garbage collection otherwise, and according to everything I've read it isn't necessary for me to do so. Lua tidies up after itself.

If I let the script ends by itself, I mean not adding a blocking event.offset(...), the __gc are properly called.

Ah, if it's waiting for an event it is not processing any of the "Abort" flag settings! That is why!

I never thought of that, sorry. I tested on looping plug-ins only. If it's waiting on any event it is easier. i can simply call lua_close instead of an event function!

Tomorrow ...

Pete

i can simply call lua_close instead of an event function!

Okay, Done. Please try these and let me know:

FSUIPC 3.997e

FSUIPC 4.715a

BTW the alternative, using the event.terminate function, could simply call ipc.exit, which would do the lua_close, which should call all your __gc functions. But if that's all it was doing it would be a waste -- quicker to let this abort method do the same.

Regards

Pete