The simFlight Network Forums

My View Goes Straight Down

Greetings All..

I have been messing with this for a LONG time, in the end i get frustrated and give up and go back to controller basics.. When i use FSUIPC i can go in and calibrate and assign my yoke, throttles and pedals.. I know this works correctly cause when i switch to tower view i can see the surfaces and engines functioning.. But when i switch to any other view: Virtual cockpit, spot, or the right wing (default) the view pans straight down.. If i press the ALT key the menu along the top comes up and the view will then pan up.. If i HOLD the Alt key, the view wont move.. But holding the key gets a LITTLE old.. The up and down, along with the pop-up menu, also occurs when i right click with the mouse.. I have uninstalled the CH Products manager and have unassigned all the joystick controls in FSX so i am just using FSUIPC for my controls.. Am i missing something somewhere?? What else could cause this?? The g/f says i need to find something to do to relax my frustrations.. I told her what do you think i use FSX for?? TO RELAX!!! Really, any help would be appreciated..

IAmThWlfMan

Somewhere, you have a button set to repeat constantly even when deselected. Can you look and make sure that you haven't programmed both "on press" and "on release" for your hat switch to "view pan down"?

I actually use FSX to program just my hat switch, when every other button on my full control rig is assigned using FSUIPC. I can't remember why now, but it works! :mrgreen:

Ian P.

I was reading the hat switch assignment in FS is a little smoother than using FSUIPC.. When i look at my controls in FSX the only thing that still has an assignment is the hat switch..

What you are saying about continue when released does make sense though.. I can see where that would be the problem.. I have gone into the buttons/switches tab in FSUIPC and pressed every button on all the controls and nothing shows as being assigned.. Aside from one of the rockers on top of the yoke for zooming in/out..

IAmThWlfMan

Try renaming (don't delete at this point) FSUIPC.ini and allowing it to be rebuilt (which will clear all settings). If that doesn't make any difference, then it is something outside FSUIPC that is causing the problem.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ahhh.. Renamed the file, assume it generated a new one since i had to go in and reassign and calibrate.. Re activated the HAT switch in FSX and used FSUIPC for everything else.. Man, sure is nice being able to use all the controls and really do it like its supposed to be done.. Again, i REALLY appreciate it Ian..

IAmThWlfMan

Glad you got it working... Although unfortunately I can't help with exactly what the problem is/was.

When Pete comes back, if he doesn't see this thread and respond anyway, it might be worth bumping it back up to get a better and more complete answer from him.

Now you can relax and fly for a while anyway!

Cheers,

Ian P.