The simFlight Network Forums

Change logging options on fly

Pete, can I change FSUIPC logging facility options from inside the Lua script or by API calls?

I need any ability to change all those parameters: Logging level (LogExtras), IPC reads/writes and others.. on fly, without reloading FSX.

Sorry, no, there's no provisions for that at present. What's the application for such an odd facility?

Pete

I'm still working on LINDA project and now making instruments for future developers of Lua modules for it. Sure, you do know this problem with LVars hunting and searching for FSX controls used by addon aircrafts. I want to simplify this process as much as possible. And ability to switch FSUIPC logging options (at least IPC writes) on/off without need to open FSUIPC window would be very useful.

I'm still working on LINDA project and now making instruments for future developers of Lua modules for it. Sure, you do know this problem with LVars hunting and searching for FSX controls used by addon aircrafts. I want to simplify this process as much as possible. And ability to switch FSUIPC logging options (at least IPC writes) on/off without need to open FSUIPC window would be very useful.

Why not just turn it on and leave it on till you are done? That's what i do.

Regards

Pete

Why not just turn it on and leave it on till you are done? That's what i do.

Because this is too much additional actions for user to do. I'm making now something like the FSUIPC console, but with additional controls like filters, searchers and some other LVars related stuff. And it would be logical if logging options were possible to set from this advanced console's control panel. Actually I need only two control to be available -- switching IPC writes and Events logging on/off.

Without that I have to open FSUIPC window > switch to Logging tab > set option > close window... instead of just pressing one button on console's control panel. And then the same operation in back direction when I want FSUIPC to stop flooding me with data I don't need anymore.

This all is about usability and convenience for future developers and myself too.