The simFlight Network Forums

use with combat flight simulator

I have registered copy of FSUIPC for FS9 and for FSX. Are either of these usable with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe? If so, how should I install?

Which version of CFS was that? FSUIPC1,2 and 3 used to work with CFS1 and CFS2, but CFS3 was not really any relation to Flight Sim at all -- totally different code and no way for any internal add-ons to be installed even if they could be written. If you mean "Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe " then, no, it is not compatible. It you do really mean "Combat Flight Simulator World War II Europe Series" then I'm fairly sure that's CFS1, so it should still work, though there's really no way I can help a lot if it doesn't.

The FSUIPC3 installer should recognise CFS1 and CFS2 if they are installed correctly. The functioning of FSUIPC in those is a much reduced subset of its full facilities, though.

Regards

Pete

Which version of CFS was that? FSUIPC1,2 and 3 used to work with CFS1 and CFS2, but CFS3 was not really any relation to Flight Sim at all -- totally different code and no way for any internal add-ons to be installed even if they could be written. If you mean "Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe " then, no, it is not compatible. It you do really mean "Combat Flight Simulator World War II Europe Series" then I'm fairly sure that's CFS1, so it should still work, though there's really no way I can help a lot if it doesn't.

The FSUIPC3 installer should recognise CFS1 and CFS2 if they are installed correctly. The functioning of FSUIPC in those is a much reduced subset of its full facilities, though.

Regards

Pete

I think it's CFS1 because the package doesn't say 2 or 3. However, after I installed it and then re-ran the FSUIPC installer, I got the following install.log, which loooks like FSUIPC couldn't find CS1, which I had installed in C:\programfiles(x86)\microsoftgames\combatflightsimulator. Any ideas? Thanks!

Installer for FSUIPC.DLL version 3.99

Looking in registry for FS9.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS9 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... >>> OK! FOUND FS9! <<< ...

Looking in registry for FS8 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS7 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS6.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FS9:

EXE Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL

... Version 3.990 found.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL"

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FS2004 controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf" okay

FSUIPC.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration offers were declined

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I think it's CFS1 because the package doesn't say 2 or 3. However, after I installed it and then re-ran the FSUIPC installer, I got the following install.log, which looks like FSUIPC couldn't find CS1, which I had installed in C:\programfiles(x86)\microsoftgames\combatflightsimulator.

It looks like when it installed it didn't update the Registry correctly, because it should show up in one of those places in the Registry:

Looking in registry for CFS1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Of course, if you are using a recent Microsoft operating system, like XP, Vista or 7, it is quite possible that the CFS1 installer, being quite ancient now, failed to get correct access rights or just didn't update the registry the way it should (and used to on Windows 95 and 98)..

You could try manually copying the FSUIPC.DLL (and KEY if registered) into the CFS1 Modules folder. However, you may need to run Explorer "as administrator" to do so (depending on your Windows version), and you may need to run CFS1 "as administrator" too unless you change permissions on the CFS1 Modules folder. Really it would all be a lot easier if you'd installed CFS into a folder of its own outside of the dreaded "Program Files" folders which tend to be all protected these days. I've always installed all versions of FS into their own folders, like "C:|FS9", C:\CFS1" etc.

If you are only using FSUIPC to assign and calibrate your controls, you might get away with doing all that in FS9 then simply copying the FSUIPC.DLL, FSUIPC.KEY and FSUIPC.INI files over from your FS9 Modules folder to the CFS1 one.

Regards

Pete

It looks like when it installed it didn't update the Registry correctly, because it should show up in one of those places in the Registry:

Of course, if you are using a recent Microsoft operating system, like XP, Vista or 7, it is quite possible that the CFS1 installer, being quite ancient now, failed to get correct access rights or just didn't update the registry the way it should (and used to on Windows 95 and 98)..

You could try manually copying the FSUIPC.DLL (and KEY if registered) into the CFS1 Modules folder. However, you may need to run Explorer "as administrator" to do so (depending on your Windows version), and you may need to run CFS1 "as administrator" too unless you change permissions on the CFS1 Modules folder. Really it would all be a lot easier if you'd installed CFS into a folder of its own outside of the dreaded "Program Files" folders which tend to be all protected these days. I've always installed all versions of FS into their own folders, like "C:|FS9", C:\CFS1" etc.

If you are only using FSUIPC to assign and calibrate your controls, you might get away with doing all that in FS9 then simply copying the FSUIPC.DLL, FSUIPC.KEY and FSUIPC.INI files over from your FS9 Modules folder to the CFS1 one.

Regards

Pete

Pete, thanks! I know this is not something you support. I uninstalled CFS1 and re-installed in c:\cfs1. I changed the program's properties to "run as administrator" and "run in windows XP service pack 3" compatibility. I did copy FSUIPC.DLL, .KEY, and .INI from FS9 modules to c:\CFS1\modules. However, when the simulator loads, it immediately crashes. Anything I can do? I've icluded the FSUIPC.LOG below.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.99 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Verifying Certificate for "C:\cfs1\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside CFS1

User Name="Nelson Capes"

User Addr="nrcapes@gmail.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

1342 System time = 17/07/2011 11:41:08

1357 C:\cfs1\

4384 System time = 17/07/2011 11:41:11, CFS1 time = 11:41:08 (11:41Z)

6786 AIRCRAFT\Spitfire_MkIX\Spitfire_MkIX.air

6848 Aircraft=""

7082 SITUATIO\defgnd.flt

Pete, thanks! I know this is not something you support. I uninstalled CFS1 and re-installed in c:\cfs1. I changed the program's properties to "run as administrator" and "run in windows XP service pack 3" compatibility. I did copy FSUIPC.DLL, .KEY, and .INI from FS9 modules to c:\CFS1\modules. However, when the simulator loads, it immediately crashes. Anything I can do? I've icluded the FSUIPC.LOG below.

There's probably something that's changed in all these years that's somehow made it incompatible. I try to maintain compatibility with everything FS-like since FS98, but I have only been able to re-test in FS2002 and FS2004 (and of course FSX, ESP and Prepar3D) for several years. I can't support such old programs now.

But try deleting the INI file and let it resort to defaults. You might be calling upon something in the INI which isn't accepted.

You could also try without the KEY file initially, just to see if it carries on running in complete unregistered default mode -- which is how the original version for CFS1 would have run.

Otherwise all I can think of that maybe if you search on the Internet you might find a Version 1 or 2 of FSUIPC which should surely work, at least as good as they did back then. But I can't really help with that. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

There's probably something that's changed in all these years that's somehow made it incompatible. I try to maintain compatibility with everything FS-like since FS98, but I have only been able to re-test in FS2002 and FS2004 (and of course FSX, ESP and Prepar3D) for several years. I can't support such old programs now.

But try deleting the INI file and let it resort to defaults. You might be calling upon something in the INI which isn't accepted.

You could also try without the KEY file initially, just to see if it carries on running in complete unregistered default mode -- which is how the original version for CFS1 would have run.

Otherwise all I can think of that maybe if you search on the Internet you might find a Version 1 or 2 of FSUIPC which should surely work, at least as good as they did back then. But I can't really help with that. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

I tried deleting INI and KEY: no luck. Then I downloaded FSUIPC 2.81 from the internet, extracted the zip, and copied FSUIPC.DLL to the CFS1 modules folder. Now I DO get a pull-down for FSUIPC under Modules tab, but it is just an info screen (no options). I also copied in my KEY file and INI (FSUIPC 3.99) but that didn't help. I only want to be able to change the sensitivity of my joystick. Anything else I can try?

thanks! (BTW, I have registered FSUIPC3 and 4).

I tried deleting INI and KEY: no luck. Then I downloaded FSUIPC 2.81 from the internet, extracted the zip, and copied FSUIPC.DLL to the CFS1 modules folder. Now I DO get a pull-down for FSUIPC under Modules tab, but it is just an info screen (no options). I also copied in my KEY file and INI (FSUIPC 3.99) but that didn't help. I only want to be able to change the sensitivity of my joystick. Anything else I can try?

Version 2 had no key file and no registration. It was free. It's main purpose was to allow applications to interface to FS. Most of the later features, for version 3, those in the Options dialogue, were added as user benefits for paying for it when I was forced by circumstances to start charging for it. I honestly can't remember what was supported then and what wasn't. Didn't you find any documentation to go with it? All I have is the History document which you'll find was installed with FSUIPC 3.99.

In any case, FSUIPC never provided any sensitivity facilities -- that was always a slider in FS. Not sure about CFS1. Unless you mean the "slopes" facilities, but they were certainly a much later addition.

Regards

Pete

Version 2 had no key file and no registration. It was free. It's main purpose was to allow applications to interface to FS. Most of the later features, for version 3, those in the Options dialogue, were added as user benefits for paying for it when I was forced by circumstances to start charging for it. I honestly can't remember what was supported then and what wasn't. Didn't you find any documentation to go with it? All I have is the History document which you'll find was installed with FSUIPC 3.99.

In any case, FSUIPC never provided any sensitivity facilities -- that was always a slider in FS. Not sure about CFS1. Unless you mean the "slopes" facilities, but they were certainly a much later addition.

Regards

Pete

Yes, I got the doc with the download. The doc says that there should be 4 tabs shown: About, Winds, Visibility, Clouds, Technical, and Joysticks. None of these tabs show up when I start CFS1, just a general FSUIPC banner. Below are copy/paste from the User's Guide. What I want to do is set the range on the elevators and ailerons, as I do under Joystick Calibration in FS9. I don't really care about Slope.

thanks for any light you can shed.

With effect from Version 2, FSUIPC will also work within Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. With CFS2 it provides

access to many of the things that programs enjoy on FS2000 and FS2002, including full weather control. However, it should

be noted that CFS2 is not the main target, and support for 100% of the features is not guaranteed. With the original Combat

Flight Simulator (“CFS1”) the features are much more restricted: for instance there are no operating weather facilities in

FSUIPC for CFS1.

Setting FSUIPC options (FS2000, FS2002 or CFS2)

Options in FSUIPC are actually controlled by parameter settings in a file called “FSUIPC.INI”. This is not supplied with

FSUIPC, but it is generated the first time you run FS with FSUIPC installed. It sits next to FSUIPC in the FS Modules

folder.

All of the options of general interest are accessible whilst running FS2000/2002 (or CFS2), via a Menu entry. This is by far

the best and easiest way to access the more popular options. There are still some you can only access by editing the

FSUIPC.INI file, but these are not useful to most users and are only described in the Advanced User’s Guide.

With FSUIPC.DLL correctly installed, and Flight Simulator running and ready, look at the Menu. (Press ALT to bring it up

if it is hidden). There should be a “Modules” item, probably the vary last word at the right-hand end of the menu. Select it.

You should then see “FSUIPC … ”. If you don’t, press ESC to get out of the menu, wait a few seconds, and then try again. If

you still don’t see it, then either you have not installed FSUIPC.DLL correctly or there is an older version running. If you

have the correct menu entry, select it and you will get the FSUIPC settings display which will be similar to the one shown

here (the version number and date may be different of course):

Press the “Normal defaults” button. This may not change anything, but it just makes sure that in the discussion below we are

both talking about the same thing.

Yes, I got the doc with the download. The doc says that there should be 4 tabs shown: About, Winds, Visibility, Clouds, Technical, and Joysticks.

That makes 6 actually. ;-)

None of these tabs show up when I start CFS1, just a general FSUIPC banner. Below are copy/paste from the User's Guide. What I want to do is set the range on the elevators and ailerons, as I do under Joystick Calibration in FS9. I don't really care about Slope.

I really don't know how I can at present. I would need to try and find a copy of CFS1.

My old copy might be around somewhere. I'll take a look, later this week if I get time.

Pete

I've done some reading of my own historical documents, and as well as the long quotation from yo, they all seem to confirm what I am sort of remembering.

CFS1 dates around the same time as the release of FSUIPC for FS2000, which was the first FS it was intended for. On FS98, and I thought CFS1too because it was based on the same code, it only ever provided the interface for applications, no user facilities at all. The quote you put into your last message seems to agree:

With CFS2 it provides access to many of the things that programs enjoy on FS2000 and FS2002, including full weather control. However, it should

be noted that CFS2 is not the main target, and support for 100% of the features is not guaranteed. With the original Combat

Flight Simulator (“CFS1”) the features are much more restricted: for instance there are no operating weather facilities in

FSUIPC for CFS1.

It's a shame I cannot help further as I've not managed to find CFS1. I think it must have gone out with the garbage and FS98 some time ago. I did, surprisingly, find CFS2 and FS2000!

Now CFS2 was more like FS2000 (it was basically the same code I think), and the current version, 3.99, of FSUIPC runs okay on CFS2 with most all of the user facilities intact. The only problem with CFS2 seems to be that the FSUIPC options screen is only usable in Windowed mode -- you can switch back and forth with ALT+ENTER as usual, or leave CFS2 in full screen mode and ALT TAB to get to FSUIPC options. But I think this deficiency might be down to changes in video drivers since then rather than any change in my code.

The current version 3.99 is also okay in FS2002, which I just happened to have still installed, and I'm pretty sure it will be okay in FS2000 which I've also found but not bothered to install at present.

If i do come across CFS1 someplace I'll certainly try it and see, but I don't hold out a lot of hope I'm afraid. I found all these others together and i would have assumed that if I still had CFS1 it would be with them.

Regards

Pete

If i do come across CFS1 someplace I'll certainly try it and see, but I don't hold out a lot of hope I'm afraid. I found all these others together and i would have assumed that if I still had CFS1 it would be with them.

Well, I was wrong! I have found it!

I'll have a look at it later this week.

[LATER]

Looked at it already. 3.99 crashed because it was referring to a PANELS variable access facility which it seems was not included in CFS1, although it was in CFS2.

The options were mostly disabled for CFS1. I've re-enabled them insofar as you get all the current option tabs, but I doubt if all of their contents actually work. And at present I can't guarantee than none of them crash CFS1.

But if you only want to use it for calibration it should be okay. Look for an FSUIPC3 update tomorrow, or more likely Thursday. It'll be 3.997f or later.

Regards

Pete

Well, I was wrong! I have found it!

I'll have a look at it later this week.

[LATER]

Looked at it already. 3.99 crashed because it was referring to a PANELS variable access facility which it seems was not included in CFS1, although it was in CFS2.

The options were mostly disabled for CFS1. I've re-enabled them insofar as you get all the current option tabs, but I doubt if all of their contents actually work. And at present I can't guarantee than none of them crash CFS1.

But if you only want to use it for calibration it should be okay. Look for an FSUIPC3 update tomorrow, or more likely Thursday. It'll be 3.997f or later.

Regards

Pete

Pete:

Thanks so much! I will look for the update. I assume it will be on this forum and not on sciratti.com (where the software is sold).

Thanks so much! I will look for the update. I assume it will be on this forum and not on sciratti.com (where the software is sold).

The registration keys are actually sold by simMarket, part of simFlight which runs these Forums. The Schiratti site is a collection of my software, both pay and freeware, made by Enrico Schiratti and maintained by him. All major releases with documentation and installers go there and represent the earliest supported versions. Interim releases are found in the Download Links sub-forum here.

However, there are some changes in this week's versions for which I am awaiting feedback from others, so they aren't even in that SubForum yet. The one you should try can be downloaded using this link:

FSUIPC 3.997f

Regards

Pete

The registration keys are actually sold by simMarket, part of simFlight which runs these Forums. The Schiratti site is a collection of my software, both pay and freeware, made by Enrico Schiratti and maintained by him. All major releases with documentation and installers go there and represent the earliest supported versions. Interim releases are found in the Download Links sub-forum here.

However, there are some changes in this week's versions for which I am awaiting feedback from others, so they aren't even in that SubForum yet. The one you should try can be downloaded using this link:

FSUIPC 3.997f

Regards

Pete

Pete:

Some feedback on your latest update running with CFS1. You do need to ALT-TAB to get to the FSUIPC window. As I expected, there is no tab for Joystick Calibration (I don't think this is an accessible feature of CFS1). Unfortunately, that is what I needed. Mouse trim does work, and it helps a bit. But the game is so uncontrollable in the pitch axis that joystick use (at least with a Saitek X52) is very difficult. I got CFS1 just as a "shoot em up" simple combat simulator, but I guess the tradeoff of simplicity is lack of control. I will probably get CFS2 and try that. Thanks for all your help!

Some feedback on your latest update running with CFS1. You do need to ALT-TAB to get to the FSUIPC window

Yes, I know. Didn't I mention that? Same with CFS2. It wasn't like this back in Win95 days when CFS was released -- it's something to do with how they manage full screen mode which doesn't work so well with more modern versions of windows. You CAN run them in windowed mode instead, maximised if you like. Just ALT+ENTER as with FS.

As I expected, there is no tab for Joystick Calibration (I don't think this is an accessible feature of CFS1). Unfortunately, that is what I needed.

Hmm, that's odd. I actually didn't notice that! Not sure why it isn't present, because Axis Assignment is, for sure. -- AND it lists the axes you can assign to, including direct to FSUIPC calibration.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend. Maybe it's something trivial. Meanwhile, have you tried using an INI file from FS9, already calibrated? You never know -- the mechanisms might work fine.

I will probably get CFS2 and try that. Thanks for all your help!

No, that also doesn't have that Tab. Probably the same problem. I'll take a look.

[LATER]

I see what it is. It's not that you can't use calibrations in FSUIPC in CFS1, CFS2 -- it's that those sims (FS98 too) don't actually scan the axes whilst the sim is in a dialogue. In fact none of them do, but in FS2000 (or maybe later?) I found a routine I could call in FS which forced it to scan, so I call that regularly whilst in the dialogue.

It looks like I couldn't find any equivalent in the Combat ones. But I'm pretty sure that pre-calibrated non-direct assignments will work too. you just can't calibrate them in the User Interface on CFS.

However, now that FSUIPC does it's own scanning (because of the axis assignments, added much later), I can enable the dialogue just for "direct to FSUIPC calibration" assignments. Please try version 3.997g:

FSUIPC 3.997g

Regards

Pete

Yes, I know. Didn't I mention that? Same with CFS2. It wasn't like this back in Win95 days when CFS was released -- it's something to do with how they manage full screen mode which doesn't work so well with more modern versions of windows. You CAN run them in windowed mode instead, maximised if you like. Just ALT+ENTER as with FS.

Hmm, that's odd. I actually didn't notice that! Not sure why it isn't present, because Axis Assignment is, for sure. -- AND it lists the axes you can assign to, including direct to FSUIPC calibration.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend. Maybe it's something trivial. Meanwhile, have you tried using an INI file from FS9, already calibrated? You never know -- the mechanisms might work fine.

No, that also doesn't have that Tab. Probably the same problem. I'll take a look.

[LATER]

I see what it is. It's not that you can't use calibrations in FSUIPC in CFS1, CFS2 -- it's that those sims (FS98 too) don't actually scan the axes whilst the sim is in a dialogue. In fact none of them do, but in FS2000 (or maybe later?) I found a routine I could call in FS which forced it to scan, so I call that regularly whilst in the dialogue.

It looks like I couldn't find any equivalent in the Combat ones. But I'm pretty sure that pre-calibrated non-direct assignments will work too. you just can't calibrate them in the User Interface on CFS.

However, now that FSUIPC does it's own scanning (because of the axis assignments, added much later), I can enable the dialogue just for "direct to FSUIPC calibration" assignments. Please try version 3.997g:

FSUIPC 3.997g

Regards

Pete

Now FSUIPC options appears on the drop-down menu in CFS1 without ALT-TAB. Joystick assignment works fine (and Raw data changes when the axis is moved).Joystic calibration tab is there now. But no axes can be calibrated (each axis in Joystick Calibration says "axis not processed" and the values in the windows don't change) when set to Send Direct to FSUIPC. I tried disabling the axes within CFS1 but that simply makes the axes inactive in the sim. This may be of no value, but I have been using a Saitek profile on my X52 to send buttons to CFS1. But enabling or disabling this has no effect. I copied .INI below.

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=Yes

0=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

1=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

0.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8001-444553540000}

1.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8002-444553540000}

2=CH PRO PEDALS USB

2.GUID={09C75150-8AC6-11E0-8001-444553540000}

3=Saitek X52 Flight Controller

3.GUID={32FF8A20-969B-11E0-8001-444553540000}

A=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

A.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8001-444553540000}

B=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

B.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8002-444553540000}

C=CH PRO PEDALS USB

C.GUID={09C75150-8AC6-11E0-8001-444553540000}

D=Saitek X52 Flight Controller

D.GUID={32FF8A20-969B-11E0-8001-444553540000}

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=3997f

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

TrafficScanPerFrame=10

AxisCalibration=No

CentredDialogue=Yes

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=Yes

SuppressMultilineFS=No

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=No

WeatherReadInterval=4

MoveBGLvariables=Yes

TimeForSelect=4

WeatherReadsFast=No

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

WindSmoothing=Yes

AutoTaxiWind=Yes

PropTaxiWind=No

TimeSetMode=Partial

WhiteMessages=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

GraduatedVisibility=No

LowerVisAltitude=0

UpperVisAltitude=25000

UpperVisibility=6000

GenerateCirrus=Yes

WindShearSharp=No

UpperWindGusts=No

ExtendMetarMaxVis=No

CorrectVSsign=No

MouseWheelTrim=Yes

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

BrakeReleaseThreshold=75

AxisInterceptIfDirect=No

DontResetAxes=No

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

AutoClearWeather=Yes

ExtendTopWind=Yes

WindSmoothness=5

SmoothPressure=No

PressureSmoothness=5

SmoothVisibility=No

VisibilitySmoothness=1

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

MinimumVisibility=0

MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0

MaximumVisibility=0

MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0

MaximumVisibilityRainy=0

OneCloudLayer=No

ThinClouds=No

ThinThunderClouds=No

CloudThinness=1000

ThunderCloudThinness=10000

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

WindTurbulence=No

SuppressAllGusts=No

ExternalOptionControl=Yes

AutoTuneADF=No

KeepFS98CloudCover=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

StopAutoFuel=No

TrapUserInterrupt=Yes

NavFreq50KHz=No

ClockSync=Yes

SmoothIAS=Yes

SetVisUpperAlt=No

VisUpperAltLimit=6000

MaxIce=3

MinIce=-1

WindSmoothingDelay=0

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=No

LimitWindVariance=No

VisSmoothingDelay=0

VisSmoothAirborneOnly=No

TrafficControlDirect=Yes

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

JoystickTimeout=20

PollGFTQ6=Yes

BlankDisplays=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

UseProfiles=Yes

FixWindows=No

FixControlAccel=Yes

LuaRerunDelay=66

SetSimSpeedX1=88,11

LogAxes=Yes

[JoystickCalibration]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Elevator=-16384,-705,718,16383

Throttle=-16384,16383

LeftBrake=-16189,16383/16

RightBrake=-16189,16383/16

Mixture=-16384,16254

Spoilers=-16384,16383/16

CowlFlaps1=-16384,16383

PropPitch=-14633,-2100

PropPitch1=0,0,512,16380

Aileron=-16384,-112,242,16383

Rudder=-16253,-1040,1280,16128

SlopeLeftBrake=15

SlopeRightBrake=15

Throttle1=-14606,-10124,-9737,10240

Throttle4=-15224,-10124,-9815,13312

Throttle2=-15753,-10062,-9933,-2030

Throttle3=-16380,-512,512,16380

SyncSlopeThrottle2=0/0,10/13,34/34,67/49,96/60,127/128

SyncSlopeThrottle3=0/0,5/13,11/34,16/49,19/60,127/128

SyncSlopeThrottle4=0/0,14/13,33/34,46/49,56/60,127/128

PanHeading=-16384,-512,512,16383

PanPitch=-16384,-512,512,16383

PanTilt=-16384,-512,512,16383

Reverser=-16384,16383/2

Rudder Trim=-16384,-512,512,16383

SlopeRudder Trim=12

SlopeRudder=10

[sounds]

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Device3=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[buttons]

ButtonRepeat=20,10

2=PA,2,K49,8

3=PA,3,K50,8

4=PA,6,K51,8

5=PA,7,K52,8

6=PA,4,C65570,0

7=PA,0,C65564,0

8=PB,0,C66224,0

9=PB,1,C66531,0

10=PB,2,C65908,0

11=PB,4,C65907,0

12=PB,5,C65909,0

13=PB,3,C65910,0

14=PA,14,C65860,0

15=PA,15,C65861,0

16=PA,16,C66288,0

20=RB,6,C65602,0

21=UB,6,C65602,0

22=PD,8,C66224,0

24=PD,10,C65908,0

25=PD,12,C65907,0

26=PD,11,C65909,0

27=PD,13,C65910,0

28=PD,2,C65860,0

29=PD,3,C65861,0

30=PD,4,C66288,0

31=PD,6,C65861,0

32=PD,23,C66288,0

33=PD,7,C65860,0

34=PD,9,C66531,0

35=PD,19,K80,8

[Window.Radar Contact]

Docked=474, 4476, 3471, 2679

[Axes]

0=AX,256,D,1,0,0,0

1=AY,256,D,2,0,0,0

2=AZ,256,D,33,0,0,0

3=AR,256,D,35,0,0,0

4=AU,256,D,34,0,0,0

5=BX,256,D,4,0,0,0

6=BZ,256,F,66292,0,0,0

7=CX,256,D,7,0,0,0

8=CY,256,D,8,0,0,0

9=CZ,256,D,3,0,0,0

10=DX,256,D,1,0,0,0

11=DY,256,D,2,0,0,0

12=DZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

13=DU,256,D,25,0,0,0

[Profile.Heavy]

1=Boeing 747-400

2=Boeing 777-300 Paint1

[Axes.Heavy]

0=AX,256,F,65763,0,0,0

1=AY,256,D,2,0,0,0

2=BX,256,D,9,12,0,0

3=BY,256,D,10,11,0,0

4=BZ,256,F,66292,0,0,0

5=CX,256,D,7,0,0,0

6=CY,256,D,8,0,0,0

7=CZ,256,D,3,0,0,0

8=DZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

9=DU,256,D,25,0,0,0

[Keys]

1=189,8,65655,0

2=187,8,65656,0

3=13,9,66524,0

4=8,9,66525,0

6=13,10,66529,0

8=8,10,66528,0

9=112,8,66531,0

11=191,9,66066,0

12=121,8,65829,0

14=115,9,66296,0

16=191,8,66064,0

[Profile.jet]

1=Boeing 737-400

[Axes.jet]

0=AX,256,F,65763,0,0,0

1=AY,256,D,2,0,0,0

2=AZ,256,D,33,0,0,0

3=AR,256,D,35,0,0,0

4=AU,256,D,34,0,0,0

5=BX,256,D,4,0,0,0

6=BY,256,D,5,0,0,0

7=BZ,256,D,6,0,0,0

8=CX,256,D,7,0,0,0

9=CY,256,D,8,0,0,0

10=CZ,256,D,3,0,0,0

11=DX,256,D,1,0,0,0

12=DY,256,D,2,0,0,0

13=DZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

14=DU,256,D,25,0,0,0

15=DV,256,D,28,0,0,0

[buttons.jet]

0=PD,6,C65860,0

1=PD,7,C65861,0

[buttons.Heavy]

0=PD,7,C65860,0

1=PD,6,C65861,0

[Profile.olsson_f16]

1=VIPER vc

[buttons.olsson_f16]

0=PD,6,C66296,0

1=PD,7,C66064,0

[Keys.olsson_f16]

1=115,9,66296,0

3=191,8,65589,0

Now FSUIPC options appears on the drop-down menu in CFS1 without ALT-TAB. Joystick assignment works fine (and Raw data changes when the axis is moved).Joystic calibration tab is there now. But no axes can be calibrated (each axis in Joystick Calibration says "axis not processed" and the values in the windows don't change) when set to Send Direct to FSUIPC.

Okay. I reloaded CFS1 and tested, and it's the same here. Which is odd because it is fine in CFS2 and that was the same as CFS1 before, and the code looks the same. I'll check into it tomorrow or monday.

I tried disabling the axes within CFS1 but that simply makes the axes inactive in the sim.

You can't have them assigned in FSUIPC and also in CFS1. They'll conflict.

A=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

A.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8001-444553540000}

B=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

B.GUID={480AF7E0-69CF-11E0-8002-444553540000}

C=CH PRO PEDALS USB

C.GUID={09C75150-8AC6-11E0-8001-444553540000}

D=Saitek X52 Flight Controller

D.GUID={32FF8A20-969B-11E0-8001-444553540000}

[Axes]

0=AX,256,D,1,0,0,0

1=AY,256,D,2,0,0,0

2=AZ,256,D,33,0,0,0

3=AR,256,D,35,0,0,0

4=AU,256,D,34,0,0,0

5=BX,256,D,4,0,0,0

6=BZ,256,F,66292,0,0,0

7=CX,256,D,7,0,0,0

8=CY,256,D,8,0,0,0

9=CZ,256,D,3,0,0,0

10=DX,256,D,1,0,0,0

11=DY,256,D,2,0,0,0

12=DZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

13=DU,256,D,25,0,0,0

You realise you have several axes assigned twice -- aileron, elevator, throttle on the Pro Yoke and on the X52. This is okay if you want FSUIPC to arbitrate, but you'd need to leave the one not in use parked in a neutral (off) stable position.

Did you try your FSUIPC INI file from FS9 at all?

Pete

Okay. I reloaded CFS1 and tested, and it's the same here. Which is odd because it is fine in CFS2 and that was the same as CFS1 before, and the code looks the same. I'll check into it tomorrow or monday.

You can't have them assigned in FSUIPC and also in CFS1. They'll conflict.

You realise you have several axes assigned twice -- aileron, elevator, throttle on the Pro Yoke and on the X52. This is okay if you want FSUIPC to arbitrate, but you'd need to leave the one not in use parked in a neutral (off) stable position.

Did you try your FSUIPC INI file from FS9 at all?

Pete

Yes, I know about the multiple assignment. I use the yoke for airliners and the joystick for military. BTW, can a profile be set to use one or the other?

I tried the FS9 INI. No joy.

Yes, I know about the multiple assignment. I use the yoke for airliners and the joystick for military. BTW, can a profile be set to use one or the other?

Of course. That was the main reason for Profiles -- so you could have, say, a Boeing Jet profile using a quadrant and yoke, an Airbus Jet profile using stick and quadrant, a "Prop" one using maybe a yoke or stick and a different quadrant, a "Helo" one using a G-stick and collective control, and, yes, a "Fighter" one using a stick and military equipped throttle.

Axes assigned in profiles are specific to those profiles, just as with calibrations. I don't understand why you'd question that. I'm actually rather surprised that folks have almost identical profiles for similar aircraft. Seems best to divide them generically.

I tried the FS9 INI. No joy.

That doesn't bode well. I had thought it was only the calibration dialogue affected. It may not be possible, then, on CFS1. I'll take a look anyway.

Pete

That doesn't bode well. I had thought it was only the calibration dialogue affected. It may not be possible, then, on CFS1. I'll take a look anyway.

Interesting. There was a deliverate code line to stop scanning for CFS2 only. I've no idea why. I've removed it and it all seems to work okay now.

I expect it was protection from the non-working FS assigned control scanning. With the later-added direct FSUIPC assignments it seems okay.

FSUIPC 3.997h

Regards

Pete

Of course. That was the main reason for Profiles -- so you could have, say, a Boeing Jet profile using a quadrant and yoke, an Airbus Jet profile using stick and quadrant, a "Prop" one using maybe a yoke or stick and a different quadrant, a "Helo" one using a G-stick and collective control, and, yes, a "Fighter" one using a stick and military equipped throttle.

Axes assigned in profiles are specific to those profiles, just as with calibrations. I don't understand why you'd question that. I'm actually rather surprised that folks have almost identical profiles for similar aircraft. Seems best to divide them generically.

Pete

Actually, I haven't used profiles much at all (the INI file saying otherwise) because I fly mostly commercial airliners and don't find the need to set up separate controls. I only use the X52 joystick with CFS1 and with Falcon4 AF (which of doesn't interface to FSUIPC as far as I know). I distinguish different aircraft types using the Saitek SST software to set up buttons, outside FSUIPC and FS9, the reason being that the MFD on the joystick immediately shows me what profile is loaded and I can look at that profile in real time using the Saitek profile editor. I don't use it for calibration, however, and I don't think it can be used for that. That is the real value of FSUIPC to me.

Anyway, thanks for your diligence in looking into the CFS1 problem.

So, are you happy with the working update in CFS1?

Pete

Pete:

Excellent! Night and day as far as controllability, though I do have to put in a very large slope (i.e., not much change in the middle) for ailerons and elevator. I will keep testing. Thanks~