The simFlight Network Forums

How to Assign Views to HAT

Hello Pete,

Sorry about a silly question.... :unsure:

I use EYEfinity for my FSX outside view on 3 displays (5760x1200) in window mode on 2D panel.

I am not able to have the frontleft/frontright views with Numpad7/9. Instead of that, i always have the Pan-Tilt action.(No idea why, my Standard.xml is not changed as for the views, my Camera.cfg is the original one).

I did try to program my Hat using the offsets:

[buttons]

25=RA,32,C65734,0 ; Pan view

26=RA,39,C65681,0 ; Num7 View Front Left

27=RA,38,C65671,0 ; Pan Left

28=RA,37,C65873,0 ; Pan Tilt Left

29=RA,36,C65735,0 ; Pan Down

30=RA,35,C65874,0 ; Pan Tilt Right

31=RA,34,C65672,0 ; Pan Right

32=RA,33,C65675,0 ; Num9 View Front Right

The pan is working OK, but the Left and Right actions are doing Pan tilt left resp. Pan tilt Right. So I suppose that it is the basic affectation of the commands that was modified, but no idea where to look at to correct the behavior.

I have created two CameraDefinition000 and 001 in the aircraft.cfg to create the missing views

Do you have an idea about what is eventually changed ? Thank you for your advise

I am not able to have the frontleft/frontright views with Numpad7/9. Instead of that, i always have the Pan-Tilt action.(No idea why, my Standard.xml is not changed as for the views, my Camera.cfg is the original one).

I did try to program my Hat using the offsets:

Offsets? There are no offsets for views. You need to use FS controls.

25=RA,32,C65734,0 ; Pan view

26=RA,39,C65681,0 ; Num7 View Front Left

27=RA,38,C65671,0 ; Pan Left

28=RA,37,C65873,0 ; Pan Tilt Left

29=RA,36,C65735,0 ; Pan Down

30=RA,35,C65874,0 ; Pan Tilt Right

31=RA,34,C65672,0 ; Pan Right

32=RA,33,C65675,0 ; Num9 View Front Right

Do the Num7 and Num9 keys on the keyboard do what you want? I thought in virtual Cockpit mode those did panning actions too.

The pan is working OK, but the Left and Right actions are doing Pan tilt left resp. Pan tilt Right. So I suppose that it is the basic affectation of the commands that was modified, but no idea where to look at to correct the behavior.

I have created two CameraDefinition000 and 001 in the aircraft.cfg to create the missing views

Sorry, I know nothing about cameras and very little about views. Until i got TrackIR I never liked panning because I always got lost, didn't know which way I was looking. I've always stayed in 2D cockpit view to avoid panning -- till TrackIR turned up. On my main cockpit I have views but they are all done by EZCA which I really like.

Perhaps posting the questions in the main FSX or FS9 Forums will elicit a response?

Regards

Pete