The simFlight Network Forums

HidScanner.exe

Mr. Dowson,

Is it possible to program the HidScanner to close automatically after it's written the log? Either hard coded or maybe with a command parameter? /close or /exit

I've tried a PostMessage command to close the window... well the window "disappears" but the program continues to run.

Currently, my new GoFlight-Lua Scripter can not detect the GF devices. So I thought, I would run the scanner and read the log into my program, counting the devices. But I have to manually close the HidScanner window.

I hope you enjoyed your "time off".

Thanks,

Joe

Is it possible to program the HidScanner to close automatically after it's written the log? Either hard coded or maybe with a command parameter? /close or /exit

The idea was that it sits monitoring devices being connected or disconnected. I suppose a command line parameter would be easy enough.

I've tried a PostMessage command to close the window... well the window "disappears" but the program continues to run.

Did you send a WM_QUIT or just a WM_CLOSE?

The other way is to obtain the Process ID and use a Terminate API, like Task Manager does.

Currently, my new GoFlight-Lua Scripter can not detect the GF devices. So I thought, I would run the scanner and read the log into my program, counting the devices. But I have to manually close the HidScanner window.

This should really be possible in Lua via the COM/HID library. If not it might be better for me to add a way. What is it precisely that is needed, just a way of enumerating devices, getting the VIDs and PIDs and Sequence numbers in the Windows-provided order?

I'd rather do something more productive like that than mess with what was an experimental program whilst I was working out how to deal with HID devices.

Either way I don't think I'll be able to get to it this week. It'll go on a list which is growing already! ;-)

Regards

Pete

The idea was that it sits monitoring devices being connected or disconnected. I suppose a command line parameter would be easy enough.
I didn't realize that. Now I know why it's a "scanner".
Did you send a WM_QUIT or just a WM_CLOSE?
I used the WM_QUIT.
The other way is to obtain the Process ID and use a Terminate API, like Task Manager does.
I'll give that a shot.
This should really be possible in Lua via the COM/HID library.
That's what I thought, But I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks.
What is it precisely that is needed
I just needed a count of how many models are attached.
I'd rather do something more productive like that than mess with what was an experimental program whilst I was working out how to deal with HID devices.

Either way I don't think I'll be able to get to it this week. It'll go on a list which is growing already! ;-)

Then don't waste your time with it, I'll use the Lua.