The simFlight Network Forums

How to make the rudder pedals work most optimally

I have just registered my version of FSUIPC and I have just purchased the CH Pro Rudders USB and FS 2004. From what I have heard should FSUIPC do the best job to make the pedals

function most optimally.

I started FSUIPC and whent to Joystick calibration. Then I choose rudder pedals and press

my pedals to the most left and right position and press set.

Is this everything? Is the pedals so good as they can get now?

I also have CH Control Manager installed and when I choose to calibrate Joysticks from inside FS it's this program that is still activated. Is this normal? Or should I uninstall CH Control Manager? :?:

I'm sure Pete will be by to answer your FSUIPC-related questions but perhaps I can help with those relating to the Control Manager.

>> I also have CH Control Manager installed and when I choose to calibrate Joysticks from inside FS it's this program that is still activated. Is this normal? <<

Yes. FS is calling Windows for calibration and the Control Manager replaces Windows applet with it's own for the devices it supports. It has to maintain private calibration data to operate correctly, Windows calibration data will interfere with the normal Control Manager operation.

>> Or should I uninstall CH Control Manager? <<

It's mainly a matter of personal preference. I don't know of any reason it would interfere with what FSUIPC does, and you might find that selecting the "Axis Settings" tab (assuming you're not running a CM Map) and working with the settings there for gain, etc. results in better pedal response than you'll get with Windows. Also the Control Manager avoids a problem that occurs with Windows XP causing the pedals to stop working in some cases. It's up to you.

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com