The simFlight Network Forums

Visibility issue with ASv6.5 and FS9

in some cases, in landing, about 3-4000 feet, visibility suddenly changes from clear to haze to clear ....

Sounds like a little haze layer added by your weather program, to make the ground look hazy from above.

There is a way to set FSUIPC to avoid this?

Not specifically if you are already in the surface layer. You can set the minimum surface visibility, differently for different cloud conditions, but all the other visibility options concern the area above the surface layer. Have you enabled FSUIPC's visibility smoothing? If so check its parameters too.

Are you sure it's a visibility thing and not a thin cloud layer? Check the haze option(s) in AS.

You might want to ask this over in the AS support forum as they have more idea of what the assorted AS options do over there.

Regards

Pete

Sounds like a little haze layer added by your weather program, to make the ground look hazy from above.

Not specifically if you are already in the surface layer. You can set the minimum surface visibility, differently for different cloud conditions, but all the other visibility options concern the area above the surface layer. Have you enabled FSUIPC's visibility smoothing? If so check its parameters too.

[/size][/font][/color]Are you sure it's a visibility thing and not a thin cloud layer? Check the haze option(s) in AS.

You might want to ask this over in the AS support forum as they have more idea of what the assorted AS options do over there.

Regards

Pete

Visibility smoothing is enabled by default by AS at 10% every 2 secs.

In AS, depict FS layer is unchecked.

Regards

Visibility smoothing is enabled by default by AS at 10% every 2 secs.

In AS, depict FS layer is unchecked.

So, is it a this visibility layer, or a cloud, or is the actual layer's visibility being changed back and forth? What do AS say? Have you used FSUIPC's weather logging to see what is happening? You could also use the little demo application "WeatherSet" to check (see download Links subforum).

I'm afraid i can't really say whether FSUIPC's facilities will defeat whatever it is AS is doing. Unless AS know what is going on all you can do is experiment and see. I've not used FS9 for years now but i don't remember anything like that with AS6.5 and FSUIPC.

Pete

So, is it a this visibility layer, or a cloud, or is the actual layer's visibility being changed back and forth? What do AS say? Have you used FSUIPC's weather logging to see what is happening? You could also use the little demo application "WeatherSet" to check (see download Links subforum).

I'm afraid i can't really say whether FSUIPC's facilities will defeat whatever it is AS is doing. Unless AS know what is going on all you can do is experiment and see. I've not used FS9 for years now but i don't remember anything like that with AS6.5 and FSUIPC.

Pete

Thanks Peter,

I will do some tests.

This only happens in some airports, maybe it's a question of weather stations.

Regards