The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 Won't Start

Pete,

Somehow someway i have got fS9 completely messed up. I have been experimenting with Prosim,changing throttle /yoke/joysticks,testing a homemade overhead etc. I was using a Saitek Pro Yoke and a homemade throttle. I removed my homemade throttle and connected the Saitek throttle which comes bundled with the Saitek yoke. Shortly after this FS9 started to act crazy with the trim moving of its own accord. Then followed the flaps moving of there own accord. I first of all blamed Saitek and phantom keypresses but have also tried a logitec extreme 3d joystick and still FS9 is unflyable. After spending hours today trying to get it sorted and failing I have eventually reached the point where FS9 won't load. It hangs at the introductory graphic and gives me a FSUIPC Error Message re duplicate folders.The only close thing to a duplicate I can see is FSUI.dll and FSUIPC.dll but I am assuming they are different. Any ideas? I tried to copy/paste the list but it won't paste.

Bill

... somehow someway i have got fS9 completely messed up. I have been experimenting with Prosim,changing throttle /yoke/joysticks,testing a homemade overhead etc. I was using a Saitek Pro Yoke and a homemade throttle. I removed my homemade throttle and connected the Saitek throttle which comes bundled with the Saitek yoke. Shortly after this FS9 started to act crazy with the trim moving of its own accord. Then followed the flaps moving of there own accord. I first of all blamed Saitek and phantom keypresses but have also tried a logitec extreme 3d joystick and still FS9 is unflyable. After spending hours today trying to get it sorted and failing

I don't know from what you say whether any of this has anything to do with FSUIPC or not, but it would be real easy to eliminate it -- just remove (delete or rename) your FSUIPC INI file. It won't touch any axes or buttons then.

I have eventually reached the point where FS9 won't load. It hangs at the introductory graphic and gives me a FSUIPC Error Message re duplicate folders.

There is no such message, only one about another copy of FSUIPC being detected, nothing about duplicate folders. And that normally occurs when there's still a running copy in memory when you try to reload FS.

In turn that means the previous FS session didn't terminate. It is still there, running with no Windows showing. You need to use Task Manager to terminate it forcibly.

Something in your setup caused FS to hang on termination (there are quite a few add-ons which can do that).

Pete

Pete

FSUIPC Version 3.90 on XP machine and 3.991 on Win7 machine.

Thank you for your response. It was late last night when I posted and to clarify the situation I have 2 computers separately running FS - an XP and a Win 7. The XP I use very rarely for FS but used it last evening to test controllers and it got messed up also!!

Anyhow removing FSUIPC.ini on the XP machine and working with the Logitec Extreme 3D Pro sorted that one out.

On the Win 7 machine the message did indeed refer to duplicate copies of FSUIPC running and to delete or remove one of them from the modules folder. But as far as I can see there is only one in there. Using Task manager does not show another copy of FS running.

Anyhow I removed fsuipc.ini file from the folder also.

Now FS is starting again - but the saitek yoke is not working. I expect it will be returned today.

Again thank you.

On the Win 7 machine the message did indeed refer to duplicate copies of FSUIPC running and to delete or remove one of them from the modules folder. But as far as I can see there is only one in there. Using Task manager does not show another copy of FS running.

Well there must not be another FSUIPC DLL in the main FS folder either. There will never be two in any one folder with exactly the same name, but FS9 will try to load ANY DLL in the modules folder, so if you ever renamed FSUIPC.DLL (eg to keep an older copy) but allowed it to keep its DLL ending, it would be the cause.

Otherwise, with Task Manager, you need to look at the Processes tab, NOT the applications one. The FSX process must still have been running in memory. You won't see it listed as a running application because by then all of its Windows have closed. It has become a hidden background task because of some misbehaving or deadlocked thread.

Regards

Pete