The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.7x installer corruption issue?

[Edit: not a FSUIPC "installer" issue, appears to be related to having an install of RXP modules together with this latest version FSIUPC]

Grabbed what appeared to be the latest FSUIPC version (4.751).

Once installed (and re-registered), the problem generated is a message on FSX startup indicating a DLL (belonging to RXP GPS) is missing, dismissing that message leaves the FSX splash screen up, with the mouse circle twirling, and that is it. I expect the message is misleading in a sense, and just suggests that some setup file may have been munged.

I restored from a backup before the FSUIPC install, all is OK.

I didn't realize it was the FSUIPC install at this point, and reinstalled, and bingo exactly that same problem. There doesn't appear to be available just the .EXE to drop in the modules folder.

Win7 64bit, yes the installer was run "as administrator", and UAC is turned off.

Anyone see this?

* Orest

Grabbed what appeared to be the latest FSUIPC version (4.751).

Sure it isn't 4.751a? That's the latest.

Once installed (and re-registered)

You NEVER need to re-register, unless you deleted your Key file or moved to another PC or reinstalled Windows.

the problem generated is a message on FSX startup indicating a DLL (belonging to RXP GPS) is missing, dismissing that message leaves the FSX splash screen up, with the mouse circle twirling, and that is it. I expect the message is misleading in a sense, and just suggests that some setup file may have been munged.

The FSUIPC installer touches nothing except it's own files so I've no idea what messed up your RXP DLL. And the FSUIPC4 installer hasn't changed for FSX in well over a year. The only changes have been for Prepar3D.

I restored from a backup before the FSUIPC install, all is OK.

What version was that?

There doesn't appear to be available just the .EXE to drop in the modules folder.

There are no EXE's to drop into the Modules folder, but if you were using FSUIPC 4.70 or later before, all you need to do to update is download the FSUIPC4.DLL itself and copy that in, as always. Both the installer version and the separate DLL package are available in the same place, in the Download Links subforum.

But since the only program item the Installer will install is the same FSUIPC4.DLL (the rest of the stuff is only documents and Lua examples, Zipped), it won't make any difference.

Pete

The installer prompts for a "re-registration", that can be ignored, or maybe that is part of the problem somehow. When I respond to register both FSUIPC and widefs, it seems to proceed as normal.

The previous/current version would be 4.6x.

Sorry, I meant the DLL to drop into the modules folder. I will grab the discrete update file and drop that in, and let you know what I find. Are the rest of the doc files available in a ZIP as well? I do like to read through everything.

There may be something farkled in my setup, triggering this, or it may be some odd Win7 interaction. Don't know. If no one else is reporting any trouble, then that is likely the case.

* Orest

The installer prompts for a "re-registration", that can be ignored, or maybe that is part of the problem somehow. When I respond to register both FSUIPC and widefs, it seems to proceed as normal.

By the time the installer has reached that stage it has finished everything, completely. All the registration options do are check, rewrite or ignore the registration held in your KEY file. You just press Cancel if already registered okay, as it tells you in the document included in the ZIP.

The previous/current version would be 4.6x.

Okay, so you needed to first run the 4.7xx installer in any case, in order to get the documentation and other files (in the FSUIPC documents subfolder) updated.

Sorry, I meant the DLL to drop into the modules folder. I will grab the discrete update file and drop that in, and let you know what I find.

You'll find no difference if the version you drop in is identical to the one you just installed. Replacing a program with it's exact equal makes no change occur. If there was any corruption the file couldn't load as the signature would be wrong.

Are the rest of the doc files available in a ZIP as well? I do like to read through everything.

No, they are already in your FSUIPC documents folder, as clearly explained in the Installation document which you really should have read.

If you want to know exactly what the Installer did for you, read its Log, in the Modules folder.

Pete

Sorry, I meant the DLL to drop into the modules folder. I will grab the discrete update file and drop that in, and let you know what I find.

You'll find no difference if the version you drop in is identical to the one you just installed. Replacing a program with it's exact equal makes no change occur. If there was any corruption the file couldn't load as the signature would be wrong.

My intention was to start from a restored disk image with the older FSUIPC installed, and then just replace the DLL alone, the way I have normally updated all these years. Just trying to ferret out where my problem occurs. It seems pretty definitely something unique in my setup.

* Orest

OK, not an installer problem, something else to sort ....

First started up FSX with the (old) restored setup, all is OK.

Then downloaded the separate .751a FSUIPC.DLL file from the downloads area here.

Manually copied the 751a DLL into the modules directory, temporarily replacing the 70b contained there. On then starting up FSX again, get the following dialog ...

RXPG1AE.EXE - system error

The program can't start because cdp_annun_box_sim.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

And the startup of FSX halts with the twirling mouse icon.

Shut it down with CAD tasklist, and then manually restored the older 70b DLL, it now starts up fine.

100% repeatable.

There is obviously some sort of interaction in my setup, perhaps with my RXP stuff, but that may be a false lead.

* Orest

Here is the FSUIPC.LOG file from the "errant start" with 751a ...

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.751a by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Orest Skrypuch"

User Addr="xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com" (masked)

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=61000000

718 System time = 17/12/2011 16:46:30

718 FLT UNC path = "\\CAMERA-4\C\Users\ows\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

764 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

764 FS UNC path = "\\CAMERA-4\D\FlightSimulatorX\"

1638 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1638 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

1638 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

1638 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1638 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

FSUIPC is #2 in the dll.xml ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

The program can't start because cdp_annun_box_sim.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Sorry, but you need to check with whatever support forum supports RXPG1AE about this. Merely replacing one version of the FSUIPC4.DLL with another should in no way affect anything else, and certainly it cannot possibly result in a sudden disappearance of a DLL from your computer then a miraculous reappearance of that same DLL simply by changing versions again. Something else is evidently wrong, and since the errors you are getting are from RXPG1AE, whatever that is (and I'm sorry but I've no idea at all what that is), that is surely the place to go for more help.

Have you tried reinstalling it, whatever it is, as it suggests?

Here is the FSUIPC.LOG file from the "errant start" with 751a ...

That looks fine as far as it goes.

FSUIPC is #2 in the dll.xml .

If it is #2, where is the entry for #1? Why have you removed it? I assume you posted it for a reason, so why edit it? And what follows?

Pete

FSUIPC is the first item, but the second listed entry, just semantics. File was not edited. I posted it just for your possible reference.

Well, I expect it is some sort of conflict in the dlls, obviously files don't disappear by themselves. As the filename suggests it may relate to the RXP modules, will try a note there as well. It might be interesting to note if anyone else with the RXP 430Ws has this same issue. It could well be even something else. As it only seems to occur with the latest FSUIPC version, it may be something yet to be discovered.

At least I have 100% the sequence that triggers the fault.

Is there access to some of the older FSUIPC build's DLL, that is newer than 70b, but older than 751a?

BTW, thanks for your help thus far.

* Orest

OK, uninstalled the Reality XP 430W for FSX. Then with FSUIPC 4.751a reinstalled, FSX will startup and run fine.

So, bottom line, the latest version of FSUIPC and the RXP 430W are incompatible. I will also drop them a line. I did update the RXP 430W to the latest version, no difference.

* Orest

FSUIPC is the first item, but the second listed entry, just semantics. File was not edited. I posted it just for your possible reference.

But if not edited, it is truncated. If that's all there is of it then it is corrupt. Perhaps you should post the whole thing so we can see what other DLLs are supposed to be loaded. Maybe the missing one is also listed there somewhere?

As it only seems to occur with the latest FSUIPC version, it may be something yet to be discovered.

You might like to refer to this entry in the changes list:

The order of initialisation actions in FSUIPC4 has been changed substantially in an attempt to try to avert the possibility of causing a loading problem with SimConnect, whether or not this is caused by Trust checking timing bugs. Furthermore, in order to allow changes to the timing to be tried, to avoid clashes with other competing SimConnect clients being loaded at the same time, a new parameter is added to the FSUIPC4.INI [General] section:

InitDelay=0

This can be set to a value from 0 to 120 to delay the actual linking to SimConnect by that number of seconds. Whether this actually helps is unknown at this time.

Perhaps this 'missing DLL' isn't really so much missing as not running (in fact hanging) because of something odd it is doing with SimConnect at the same time as FSUIPC is intitialising its connection too. You could try setting a value for Initdelay to move FSUIPC's activities to a later point.

if the DLL XML is loading that other DLL you could also, or instead, try swapping the order. I'm not sure why FSUIPC4 is the first in the DL.XML list -- the installer adds it to the end -- but possibly that's bacuse it was originally installed before you added whatever else is in there.

Is there access to some of the older FSUIPC build's DLL, that is newer than 70b, but older than 751a?

No. And why, when you were comparing 4.60a with 4.751a? (you said "The previous/current version would be 4.6x."). Going backwards is never a good solution in any case, and if you do so you are without further support. The problem needs fixing, maybe in FSUIPC or its INI, or by RXP.

Let me know what RXP says, but do try the above ideas as well.

Regards

Pete

I didn't want to post extraneous stuff, so edited the file, looks like I just confused things instead! ;)

Here is the full (current) file, after the last .751a installer run ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>

<Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Options</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Events</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>D:\FlightSimulatorX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FeelThere EJetX Helper</Name>

<Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FeelThere LegacyX HUD</Name>

<Path>FeelThere\Legacy\LegacyXHUD.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FS Recorder</Name>

<Path>D:\FSXaddons\FSRecorderFSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSCopilot</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

* Orest

Will try various values to the InitDelay value, and report back.

The thought of trying older versions, was just an attempt to perhaps isolate what changes if any, are leading to the conflict.

Also, someone else just posted on the RXP forums, they have RXP 530 and .751a, and are NOT noticing a problem. So, there is some other necessary condition. I've asked him details about his system and will post back when I hear.

Thanks much for your efforts on this.

* Orest

I didn't want to post extraneous stuff, so edited the file, looks like I just confused things instead! ;)

Here is the full (current) file, after the last .751a installer run ...

I see FSUIPC4.DLL's entry is now a long way from being the 1st or 2nd! And that "missing" DLL is evidently not one loaded via SimConnect and the DLL.XML, so how is it supposed to be run?

You do have a lot of stuff in the DLL.XML. Try renaming it and re-running the FSUIPC4 installer. If things are then okay it may really be more due to interaction with one of the other things being loaded.

Also you may have an EXE.XML file which is causing SimConnect to load EXE programs. Check that.

I tried both of the below by editing the InitDelay=0 line in FSUIPC.ini, no change to behavior, same error message with RXP 430W installed.

InitDelay=10

InitDelay=110

Initdelay=10 would make FSUIPC load up pretty much in the exact same was as it did before.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well, still no joy, now with 4.754.

There is an EXE.DLL file, but that file is not in it. Here are the contents ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GoFlight FSX Data Bridge</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine></CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Seems that that DLL is accessed by something else to start it up.

* Orest

• 2 weeks later...

Well, still no joy, now with 4.754.

Did you try doing what I suggested with the DLL.XML? Please see my last reply.

There is an EXE.DLL file, but that file is not in it. Here are the contents ...

So where do these things come from?

How is that EXE getting to run, and why can't it find that DLL? I really can't help you solve that one -- only the person responsible for the error message will be able to say what is going on there.

Regards

Pete

Your question as to how RXPG1AE.EXE is started is a good one, and I don't have an answer to that.

Yes, I tried hiding the DLL.XML, and reinstalling FSUIPC and RXP. Same diabolic error with the current version of FSUIPC. With the older FSUIPC 4.6x version, it runs fine. I only encountered the error when I updated to the 4.7 family, which was triggered by my interest in LUA.

RealtyXP has ignored my support ticket, as far as I can tell.

The condition is triggered somewhere around 4.74x, from the other reports I've read. The version of RXP doesn't make a difference, it has not been updated in a year in any case. I think at this point I am just going to have to resign myself to the fact that in my setup (the problem is far from universal) I can't run FSUIPC 4.7x and RXP at the same time. If I want to run the RealityXP software, I will have to swap in the older version of FSUIPC that I still have archived, and reinstall RXP.

Not sure what else to try.

* Orest

• 2 months later...