The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Throttle - Problem With Axis Range

Hello!

I am in the process of setting up a new system. I am using FSUIPC 4.7.5.6 with FSX SP2 under Windows 7 x64. I have the Saitek ProFlight Yoke, Rudder Pedals, and a secondary Throttle Quadrant.I have the latest drivers from Saitek installed. The specific issue I'm having is with the primary throttle quadrant that is connected to the yoke via the PS/2 connector. The axes on this unit behave as expected in the Saitek calibration applet. That is, moving any of the levers results in a smooth gradual increase from min to max and visa-versa. Under FSX, however, these axes only report one of two *input* signals (-16384 or +16383). The transition edge occurs at the 50% point. Instead of a rising/falling slope on the input signal, it appears I am receiving only a step transition...signal high or low, like a switch. As an additional data point, my secondary throttle quadrant (connected over USB) behaves as expected with each level producing a smooth input signal.

Third party add-ons include: Active Sky 2012, FEX, GEX USA/Canada, UTX USA/Canada, FSG NA Terrain and Landclass, Ultimate Traffic 2, and PMDG 737-6/7/8/900 NGX SP1b, and...of course...FSUIPC 4.7.5.6 :)

I don't *think* this is an issue with FSUIPC as I have been able to observe this phenomenon in the sim with or without the FSUIPC.DLL in the Modules folder. However, the people here appear to be the most knowledgeable about such controller quirks. I'm hoping someone here can help or offer me something new to try,

Attached, is my FSUIPC log with Debug=Please and LogExtras=x401 in case that reveals clues.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Jason

FSUIPC4.log.txt

FSUIPC4.ini.txt

Under FSX, however, these axes only report one of two *input* signals (-16384 or +16383). The transition edge occurs at the 50% point. Instead of a rising/falling slope on the input signal, it appears I am receiving only a step transition...signal high or low, like a switch.

I am sure this is a Saitek driver installation problem which can be resolved by a Registry hack, but i'm afraid I don't know the details and in any case I cannot support Saitek. They must support their own devices. I expect the solution is posted someplace on the Saitek support forum as it has been reported several times.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the tip! I just needed to add "registry fix" to my search and I dropped right in on the solution. I applied the registry "tweak" and it worked like a champ. Also got rid of alot of spurious noise I was getting in the neutral positions on the yoke!

Should anyone else experience this issue, you can find the answer here:

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?p=89502

Cheers,

Jason