The simFlight Network Forums

Keystrokes to Client PC

Hi Pete,

is it possible to send key commands from the main pc to a client pc using widefs ? For instance I want to send the "F" keys (F1, F2, ....etc) commands to the client PC from the main PC keyboard. Which is the right procedure ? I have tried to use the "Key-send" command in FSUIPC but I must miss something...

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Hi Pete,

is it possible to send key commands from the main pc to a client pc using widefs ? For instance I want to send the "F" keys (F1, F2, ....etc) commands to the client PC from the main PC keyboard. Which is the right procedure ? I have tried to use the "Key-send" command in FSUIPC but I must miss something.

KeySend is correct. You don't send the actual keys, you send a KeySend reference number (0-255) and then assign that KeySend number to your keystroke in the WideClient.INI file. WideClient allows keypresses to be directed in different ways, so this is a more flexible system that just sending keystrokes and hoping for the best. KeySends are also used for other things, like starting and stopping programs on clients.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

many thanks for the reply.....

So, just to clarify, this is what I have in the Wideclient.ini for the Teamspeak mic PTT activation from a Yoke button:

------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F12

KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12

UseSendInput=Yes

--------------------------

It works nicely, but I put these values just following a tutorial found on the forums and I don't know what "123, 16" stands for (apologise for my ignorance)...!

Now if I want to have the same applied to, say, F1 key, I guess I have to put something similar in the .INI file making reference to F1, so I assume I need to the following steps:

a) Assign in FSUIPC the Keysend 0-255 option to F1 key

B) Assign the keysend number to F1 in the .ini file

But the point is: how do I determine the keysend number for F1 ? Maybe it is obvious but I don't know how to do it ...

Thanks again for your kind support...

Regards

So, just to clarify, this is what I have in the Wideclient.ini for the Teamspeak mic PTT activation from a Yoke button:

------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F12

KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12

UseSendInput=Yes

--------------------------

It works nicely, but I put these values just following a tutorial found on the forums

Why use the forums? That is precisely the example provided in the WideFS documentation! Why not use the documentation supplied with WideFS for questions about WideFS? (I sometimes feel I am wasting my time writing any documentation at all! :sad: ).

You'll find it in the wideFS Technical document. just search for "Teamspeak".

and I don't know what "123, 16" stands for (apologise for my ignorance)...!

The documentation tells you what the numbers mean. That's the point of documentation, to explain things.

Now if I want to have the same applied to, say, F1 key, I guess I have to put something similar in the .INI file making reference to F1, so I assume I need to the following steps:

a) Assign in FSUIPC the Keysend 0-255 option to F1 key

B) Assign the keysend number to F1 in the .ini file

No, no! You miss the point completely. The keypress is ONLY defined in the WideClient INI file, NEVER in FSUIPC. All you are using in FSUIPC is the keysend number, where you can choose any of the 256 available. Please PLEASE read the documentation!

But the point is: how do I determine the keysend number for F1 ? Maybe it is obvious but I don't know how to do it ...

It is not "obvious" because there is NO KeySend number for F1. The keysend number is merely a reference, between FSUIPC and Wideclient, to relate the two -- as I already explained!!!

The F1 keypress is what you ASSIGN to the KeySend in the WideClient INI, just like the F12 keypress was assigned in the example above. The keypress codes are listed in the documentation. Why not actually look at it?

Pete

Pete,

thank you and apologise me: I completely missed Wide FS Documentation...I read it now and managed to get it working...

Appreciate you wasted your time to reply to my second post......I owe you a beer..!!

Cheers