The simFlight Network Forums

F12 keystroke not recognized (FSUIPC4 v. 4.827)

Hello!

With FSUIPC4 v. 4.827 I can no longer pass an F12 keyboard keystroke to Track-IR. Further, Track-IR won't even recognize the F12 keystroke even if focus is set to the Track-IR window. Once I exit FSX, Track-IR will again recognize the F12 keystroke. F9, the Track-IR "Freeze View" command, is unaffected.

This is critical since F12 is the Track-IR "View Reset" command.

Anybody else having this issue?

Cheers,

- jahman.

Andydigital,

Many thanks for your suggestion!

Alas, I just double-checked my setup and while a button on my yoke is assigned to the F12 keyboard key, the F12 key itself is not assigned to anything else.

Cheers,

- jahman.

Sorry I dont know what else to suggest, personally I use a couple of buttons on my joystick and assign them directly to the centre and pause assignments in TrackIR, I use them too regularly to mess about pressing buttons on the keyboard.

There are a myriad of addons for FS that could be trapping the keys by the way, not just FSUIPC and FSRecorder, even the NGX can trap them, I have many aircraft that trap buttons from being seen outside of FS, even when its minimised.

Solved! FSUIPC is after all passing F9 and F12 correctly to TrackIR (of course!). But...

I did encounter an odd behaviour with the TrackIR-FSX combo: For reasons unknown, when TrackIR is not sensing the reflectors on my cap (e.g. if I'm not wearing the cap) and if TrackIR is also stopped via the F9 key, then the F12 Reset View Front key will be ignored by TrackIR. Go figure!

So I was simming without my reflector-endowed cap, used the hat switch to pan and then was surprised the yoke button that triggers the F12 key was no longer working and thought something was amiss with the latest FSUIPC version I had just installed. And I didn't even think of toggling the TrackIR state via F9 (or donning my reflector-endowed cap, either one of which would have restored F12 functionality) since with the cap on there is no dependency on F9.

Cheers,

- jahman.

I really not sure what you expected to happen when you the use centre or pause function when you aren't actually using TrackIR. What you describe is obviously by design as TrackIR can't possible function or effect the view position any further once the tracking dots are lost out of view of the receiver. If you are using EZDOC too you can get that to automatically move the view back to that cameras centre/home position after the tracking dots have been lost for a predefined number of seconds.

Addons>EZdok Studio>Options>TrackIR> and tick "Reset Coords when TIR is out of Range for..... n seconds"

I really not sure what you expected to happen when you the use centre or pause function when you aren't actually using TrackIR.

I see your POV, but to me F9 means "freeze", distinctly different from "not using", so I would expect F12 to continue working.

What you describe is obviously by design as TrackIR can't possible function or effect the view position any further once the tracking dots are lost out of view of the receiver.

Surely TrackIR doesn't need tracking dots to center a view!

If you are using EZDOC too you can get that to automatically move the view back to that cameras centre/home position after the tracking dots have been lost for a predefined number of seconds.

Addons>EZdok Studio>Options>TrackIR> and tick "Reset Coords when TIR is out of Range for..... n seconds"

Many thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not using EZDOK (I`m patiently waiting for the release of v. 2.0).

Cheers,

- jahman.

The TrackIR software freezes the view the movement the moment 1 or more tracking dots are lost from view, nothing works at all until the dots come back into view.

Your likely be waiting for a very long time for EZCA 2.0, I doubt it will ever see the light of day to be honest, by waiting you are missing out on a massively useful addon for FSX. I couldn't live without it anymore, the easy configuration of cameras and assigning key presses or Joystick buttons to quickly swap to those cameras is worth the price of admission alone in my opinion.

The TrackIR software freezes the view the movement the moment 1 or more tracking dots are lost from view, nothing works at all until the dots come back into view.

If you go to TrackIR's Head View window, you will see that even though the tracking dots are out of view, the F12 key will reset the In-Game head to the front view. If the dots are in view, then the F12 will also reset the "Your" head to front view. This behaviour further threw me off: When I pressed F12, why was the In-Game head snapping forward, but VC view in FSX was not?

Your likely be waiting for a very long time for EZCA 2.0, I doubt it will ever see the light of day to be honest, by waiting you are missing out on a massively useful addon for FSX. I couldn't live without it anymore, the easy configuration of cameras and assigning key presses or Joystick buttons to quickly swap to those cameras is worth the price of admission alone in my opinion.

Yes, that's why I said "patiently". Anybody know what Marniftarr is up to?

In the meantime I am using A2A's AccuFeel which gives me some camera shakiness plus additional Accu-Sim-style cockpit and air sounds. It works very well except for the slight nuisance for the moment of not being able to save my per-aircraft settings (this bug is being worked on and will be released in an update with additional functionality.)

Cheers,

- jahman.

If you go to TrackIR's Head View window, you will see that even though the tracking dots are out of view, the F12 key will reset the In-Game head to the front view. If the dots are in view, then the F12 will also reset the "Your" head to front view.

It doesn't do that for me, as soon as the dots go out of view it freezes until they return and the buttons for reseting or pausing do nothing either. Maybe we are using different versions of TrackIR and that explains the differences, I'm using TrackIR 5 hardware with 5.1.300 (Build 9945) software.