The simFlight Network Forums

FSX network issues

Hi,

I have been using Project Magenta for some 7 years, 7PC's networked and have been SOOOO happy with FS9... but 1st the old gtx8800 blew up recently and as the motherboard only accepted PCIE1 there was no way back, and to cap it the old CPU also died..

so now after 7 years (800 addons) later I feel like a total newbie as FSX simply does not seem to do things the right way.

default B737. throttle is jerking up and down constantly

my PFC Yoke is not really working either

I gave up after 3 hours of trying to get FS2Phidget to work setting up my TQ

and then to cap it all FSX keeps saying waiting for clients ... and the clients are all on waiting as well..

All in all very frustrating

Firewall is disabled, server name is mentioned in FSUIPC, all PC's are on the same homegroup, most clients are running on WIN2000

Does one need to enter anything in the FSUIPC ini file perhaps pointing to the clients?

Peter

and yes I have read the manual

... to cap it all FSX keeps saying waiting for clients ... and the clients are all on waiting as well..

All in all very frustrating. Firewall is disabled, server name is mentioned in FSUIPC, all PC's are on the same homegroup, most clients are running on WIN2000

I don't think Microsoft's "homegroup" system works properly.

I don't think Win2000 is supported properly any more by anything. you need XP or, better, Win7. Win2000 predates even XP.

There is no place in FSUIPC for a Server name. It doesn't care where the server is becausde it is the server. Try providing Wideclient with ServerName and Protocol.

oes one need to enter anything in the FSUIPC ini file perhaps pointing to the clients?

No.

and yes I have read the manual

Evidently not, reading what you say.

Pete

I have renamed the home network, all pc's are now on the same network name, disabled all security settings in WIN7, shared it all. FSX still sits there waiting for connections..and the wide client log shows this.... but does nothing...(and this wide client is also on a WIN7 pc)

i can see access both PC's remotely via either of them.

im lost!

Peter

********* WideClient Log [version 6.86] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 11/07/12, Time 09:41:43.998: Client name is PETERWORKPCMCP

110 LUA: "C:\Program Files\Wideclient\Initial.LUA": not found

110 Attempting to connect now

2715 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

2715 Error on client gethostbyname() [Error=11004] Valid name, no data record of requested type

25241 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

25241 Ready to try connection again

26271 Attempting to connect now

70747 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

70747 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

136985 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

136985 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

203207 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

203207 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

269788 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

269788 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

I have renamed the home network, all pc's are now on the same network name, disabled all security settings in WIN7, shared it all. FSX still sits there waiting for connections..and the wide client log shows this.... but does nothing.

Something is screwed up on your Network, or in the parameters you added. I've never seen this Windows error before:

2715 Trying TCP/IP host "FSX" port 8002 ...

2715 Error on client gethostbyname() [Error=11004] Valid name, no data record of requested type

I googled this error, and possibnly the best list of possible causes is shown on this web page:

http://www.instantte...error-11004.php

Is that IP address correct for your FSX PC? (192.168.1.10). You could try deleting the "ServerName=FSX" line in the INI and instead using "ServerIPaddr=192.168.1.10".

Next time please show the WideServer.log from the FSX Modules folder too. The Client log is only half the story.

Regards

Pete

that is indeed the IP address for the FSX PC. have tried as suggested no joy..

here is the wide server log

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.827] *********

Blocksize guide = 8192 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 11/07/12, Time 13:12:01.559: Server name is FSX

15537 Initialising TCP/IP server

15537 Initialising UDP/IP server

16115 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

284202 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 127 alloc, 126 free

Read buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0

Write buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0

Throughput maximum achieved: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

Pete,

forget it!!! I was stupid!!

the Firewall was still on. i had disabled everything but the darn firewall in win7 was still there...

now at least the two win7 pc's talk to each other.. now ill continue to see if i can get the older win2000k to see FSX..

Peter

And final on this and then you can lock or remove it..

All other clients are also interacting perfectly now..

Peter