The simFlight Network Forums

How to connect FSUIPC to visual basic 2010

Hello,

I need some help.

I want to build a stewart platform powerd by a Arduino uno.

But first I want to get FSUIPC to communicate with VB 2010.

How do I do that?

Is there A tutorial?

I tried the sample of FSUIPCDotNetClient2.0 but I got only errors.

I tried the VB6 and strings in FSUIPC (in the file FSUIPC_SDK) but I got the error "Statement is not valid in a namespace"

Public

Function GetAircraftTitle(ByRef AircraftTitle As String) As Boolean

Can enybody help My?

Greetings,

Henk

Holland

I tried the sample of FSUIPCDotNetClient2.0 but I got only errors.

I tried the VB6 and strings in FSUIPC (in the file FSUIPC_SDK) but I got the error "Statement is not valid in a namespace"

Hi,

The VB6 stuff won't work in .NET, that's why I wrote my .NET DLL from scratch.

What are the errors you are getting with the DLL? Have you tried building the project or running it? Until you build it at least once there will be errors reported by the code editor because the zip file doesn't include any binaries.

If you can't run the project then let me know what the errors are and I'll help you get it working.

Paul

Thanks for the replay,

I have to learn programming,I don't know anything about it.

So is there a step by step guide how to load FSUIPC in VB2010 and control FSX?

I have tried this page;

http://stavroskcy.blogspot.nl/2011/12/connecting-arduino-to-flight-simulator.html

but the gear didn't respond.

Do I have to set somthing in FSUIPC?

I'm sorry I'm new with this an I can't find information on the internet for it.

Firstly, programming with FSUIPC is quite advanced. It's not a good place to learn about programming. I would advise you learn a bit about Visual Basic programming in general before you try to use FSUIPC.

Everything you need to program with FSUIPC in Visual Basic 2010 is contained in two downloads:

1. The file called "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" from FSUIPC SDK. This lists all the offsets available and gives important information about how to deal with the data from each offset.

2. My FSUIPC Client DLL package from here:

http://forum.simflig...net-version-20/

This contains the DLL, an extensive user guide that explains how to get data from FSUIPC, a reference manual and a sample project (in VB and C#). The sample project contains many examples of reading and writing data to/from FSUIPC and has lots of comments telling you what each line in doing.

I suggest reading the "getting started" section of the user guide and then run the sample project. Then look at the code in the sample project and see how it's done. Most of the code examples in the user guide are taken from the sample project.

If you need any more help with my DLL or getting data from FSUIPC feel free to ask. It's always helpful when asking questions to paste in any error messages and the code that's failing. Without these it's almost impossible to offer any help.

Paul

For a motion platform the data you need will be accelerations relative to the body of the aircraft. How many pieces of data you take will depend on how complicated you want to make the algorithm to determine the position of the motion platform.

The most basic data I would use for 2 degrees of freedom (roll and pitch only) is:

3070 for the longitudinal accelerations (e.g. takeoff/braking)

3078 for the pitch accelerations

3080 for the roll accelerations

If you have 3 degrees of freedom (up/down as well) then you need to add:

3068 for the vertical accelerations

Paul