The simFlight Network Forums

Combination with shf key not working

Hi Pete, Thanks for your time and response to the issue.

This problem has been discussed in a few different threads over on the VRS boards and Chris Tracy(From the VRS Development team) asked if I could take a closer look at the problem here on your support forum due to the fact I had written Lua scripts to support their Key Command shortcuts.

I only discovered what was really hapening the other night just by playing around on the actual Keyboard itself and then carrying out the same tests with NUMLOCK and my script, which also gave the same results.

I also had to wait for some feedback from the other posters to confirm I was indeed on the right track before coming here, I didn't want to cause any further confusion to the thread.

Anyhow after confirmation that it wasn't just happening with my script that's when I dropped in otherwise I would have done it sooner.

It's not an extremely urgent matter as we now know the root of the problem and can deal with the NUMLOCK key as required but it would be great to have it fixed, nonetheless.

I am happy to supply any info or testing that you require from this point, including logs and feedback, I obviously have the VRS SuperBug and TacPack here that the Key Codes in question can be tested on.

So I will keep a close eye on this thread for you and carry out any requests that you make.

I am in Australia so there is some time difference between you and me, so just keep that in mind.

I am off to bed in the next hour or so....

Thanks Pete.

Glenn.

It's not an extremely urgent matter as we now know the root of the problem and can deal with the NUMLOCK key as required but it would be great to have it fixed, nonetheless.

I think I've fixed it. It looks to be related to the "extended" flag, which I stupidly omitted to set for those keys which can be input from the NumPad and on the "extended keyboard" with their own dedicated keys. I've no idea whay this omission causes the odd thing to happen with the Shift key, but I suspect it's a quirk (rather than a design feature) of the way MS programmed their Key Input programming API. Whether it was always so, back to Win98 and so on, I don't know, but there have been no versions of FSUIPC ever which has attended to this flag, and it was never seen before as a problem (or at least not reported).

So, I will also need to make the change to FSUIPC3 once it is verified by ypur tests. It does look okay here from the Logging, at least.

So I will keep a close eye on this thread for you and carry out any requests that you make.

Okay, thanks. Please download and install FSUIPC4859t_Test4.zip

Regards

Pete