The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, saitek panels or Airhauler.

Hi

I apologize if I'm making a unnecessary thread, but I'm in a bit of a rush - as I have the whole house to myself. And was planning on some serious flying all night:)

My saitek panels is buggy when using fsuipc. I was wondering if there is any chance I could keep fsuipc,or parts of it.

When removal of fsuipc it prevents me from connecting manually to my flight in AH. Any tips on this is appreciated.

I removed every fsuipc from modules folder, advice from saitek,madcatz support. And the panels work great, but now I can't start my Airhauler flight manually. Witch is the reason I fly anyway:( - And for that I must have FSUIPC.

So, basically i'm stuck between using saitek panels or airhauler. I need my instruments working.

Any help on this is hugely appreciated!

Sincerely

Stig

My saitek panels is buggy when using fsuipc. I was wondering if there is any chance I could keep fsuipc,or parts of it.

When removal of fsuipc it prevents me from connecting manually to my flight in AH. Any tips on this is appreciated.

FSUIPC has absolutely nothing to do with anything that doesn't need to use it UNLESS you personally have programmed it to do something! Just delete all your settings (the INI file in the FS Modules folder) and it will do absolutely nothing to any connected devices!

Obviously you've used it badly. Deleting your settings will remove all the bad things you've done.

Pete

FSUIPC has absolutely nothing to do with anything that doesn't need to use it UNLESS you personally have programmed it to do something! Just delete all your settings (the INI file in the FS Modules folder) and it will do absolutely nothing to any connected devices!

Obviously you've used it badly. Deleting your settings will remove all the bad things you've done.

Pete

Hi, Pete.

After much frustration with my panels I asked for help at mad catz support staff. They told me to delete all folders/files regarding fsuipc as the saitek panels did not need that to run anymore. So I did that. Copied it back again after airhauler and my panels failed to work properly again. Deleted fsuipc files/folder again, - This time I also edited the xml. file - I removed the fs9 path. And reinstalled saitek drivers. Worked perfectly for a little while.. Now it freezes when I turn the heading knobs fast continuously.

Should I maybe try the SPAD driver? Or just turn on the knobs slower ? :P

The reason I come here for support is because I need fsuipc for airhauler. And if it did/does work flawlessly with saitek panels, there is not a doubt I'm buying it. But that has not been necessary until now. Would it be more functional registered ?

How do I delete my settings, and what to delete?

I assume same questions have been asked several times before. Could not find anything good in my troubleshooting though..So I thank you for your patience and help :)

Sincerely

StigAndre7

Edited by Stigandre7

After much frustration with my panels I asked for help at mad catz support staff. They told me to delete all folders/files regarding fsuipc as the saitek panels did not need that to run anymore.

Well they never paid to use FSUIPC in the first place. Saitek agreed, but then MadCatz took over and refused to honour Saitek's agreement.

So I did that. Copied it back again after airhauler and my panels failed to work properly again. Deleted fsuipc files/folder again, - This time I also edited the xml. file - I removed the fs9 path. And reinstalled saitek drivers. Worked perfectly for a little while.. Now it freezes when I turn the heading knobs fast continuously.

If they are not using FSUIPC and you are not assigning those knobs in FSUIPC, then FSUIPC cannot possibly have anything to do with it.

The reason I come here for support is because I need fsuipc for airhauler. And if it did/does work flawlessly with saitek panels, there is not a doubt I'm buying it. But that has not been necessary until now. Would it be more functional registered ?

If it isn't even registered, and the Saitek panels are not even using it (which seems doubtful as they certainly always did, despite their refusal to acquire a license) then FSUIPC is really playing no part whatsoever in this.

How do I delete my settings, and what to delete?

If you are not registered then you have no settings to delete.

I assume same questions have been asked several times before.

No, never to me for certain.

I'm sorry, but I cannot support MadCatz products. I have nothing to do with them and they spurned my help when they took over Saitek.

Regards

Pete

So if I register I can assign buttons etc? Even the rotary knobs of the panels or am I not grasping the usage of fsuipc? If it's a kind of control panel of sorts I'm likely to get an registered version. As of yet I only have what Airhauler provided.

However, I have installed newest fsuipc - And airhualer works fine again.

- Now I only have troublesome freeze of the panels 1 hour into the flight, when touching the rotary knob of the multi panel, as if my fingers were statically charged.

It's a shame that Catz don't honor the agreement made! Sorry to hear this, Pete:\

I have bought several add-ons etc. just to support the devs, you are all that we have after Microsoft through in the towel.

After a long night of troubleshooting and two tiny hours of flying I lay my head to rest.

God natt, as we say in Norway.

Sincerely

Stig

So if I register I can assign buttons etc? Even the rotary knobs of the panels or am I not grasping the usage of fsuipc?

Whether you can assign buttons and things from a Saitek device I've no idea. I think for that you may need a program called SPAD. FSUIPC does also offer plug-in programming facilities for any USB HID device, so they could certainly be programmed there, but you'd need to do research on the Saitek interface and learn a bit of Lua.

Until Saitek / MadCatz reneged on their licensing agreement for FSUIPC and refused to pay the agreed fee, I was about to add direct support for their devices, as I did with VRI serial port devices. Shame really.

If it's a kind of control panel of sorts I'm likely to get an registered version. As of yet I only have what Airhauler provided.

If you have not downloaded and installed the current version then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reasons for the Saitek problems are not simply because you are using a very old and unsupported version of FSUIPC. The earliest supported version for FS9 is 3.999z2.

- Now I only have troublesome freeze of the panels 1 hour into the flight, when touching the rotary knob of the multi panel, as if my fingers were statically charged.

I really don't think FSUIPC can actually be involved in that. If it isn't registered it isn't reading any devices in any case.

Regards

Pete

I downloaded the latest fsuipc, 4.09 i believe. Do I need to install WideFS also ?

I don't think I have time nor energy to start programming. Maybe in the future I will make some sceneries etc. Maybe have another look on this subject. All in all, saitek really shot themselves in the leg on this...Suffice to say I will choose another simflight panel product next time.

Sincerely

Stig

I downloaded the latest fsuipc, 4.09 i believe

For FSX? 4.90, I hope. 4.09 would be about 7 years old! ;-). I thought you were talking about FS9 and FSUIPC3 all this time -- are you an FSX user? Looking back I see you never mentioned what FS you were talking about, except for one reference to FS9.

If so I thought Saitek devices use their own driver, and what you are seeing is evidently a bug in that. Again, SPAD may get around that for you -- I think it works without the Saitek drivers installed.

Do I need to install WideFS also ?

Do you use WideFS? In FSX? If so the only part of the WideFS package you'd use for FSX would be the WideClient.exe on your client PCs, and of course the Documentation.

Pete

Yes, I have FSX. I probably should been more clear on that. It was just that the fs9 driver was loading with the fsx saipanel.exe. But I got rid of that. I also installed newest, Believe ti was 4.90 yes.

WideFSclient is installed I think. I also have it enabled in Airhauler. It all seems to be working fine now, and the fsuipc is working nicely, it's loading up my cargo properly from AH.

And I did use it badly. By removing and copying back twice it obviously caused bugs. So a reinstall of saitek drivers and fsuipc fixed it. I will figure it out later this evening if the issue has been resolved or not.

Thanks for your time and support, Pete. Appreciate it:)

Best

Stig

Edit: Well, the mystery of the saitek panels continues.. They freeze up, or the task saipanels.exe stops working after a while. Alt tab to dekstop and relaunch the saipanel.exe manually resolves it. I have now giver full user rights to that exe file and if that won't work I will try to set affinity to the service in task manager. But it is safe to say, what you allready knew, Pete. That FSUIPS is NOT the culprit.