The simFlight Network Forums

using Leo Bodnars BBI 32 on a client machine

Good evening Pete

I have spent the whole of today reading the FSUIPC and Wide FS manuals as well as the advanced manual for FSUIPC in order to try and use my newly aquired BBI button box interface.

I Have a vista 64 bit machinea acting as a server and two client mahines one running XP Home and one XP pro.

I have Project Magenta GA IFR panel on the XP Pro machine and have Plan G on the XP Home machine.

My Vista machine seems not to recognise the BBI box but the XP machines do.

What I am trying to establish is if I can attach the BBI to one of the servers and then use the buttons and rotary encoders I plan to add to the BBI to control the VOR and other instruments on the PM GIFR software.

I can see form the documentation that the go flight and epic hardware can be accomodated but was wondering if there is some way in which I can conect my BBI to act as an additional set of buttons etc.I am also considering replacing the BBI with the newer BU8036X card as that is supposed to work on vista.

It may be that I have not understood something in the manuals but for the life of me I cannot see how I am able to do what I wish. If it is in the manual and I have not got it could you please give me a pointer to the method?

Many thanks and regards

Tony

My Vista machine seems not to recognise the BBI box but the XP machines do.

I'm not familiar with "BBI". Is it a standard USB HID device with buttons etc seen in Windows drivers? If so i don't know why it wouldn't be recognised by Vista.

What I am trying to establish is if I can attach the BBI to one of the servers and then use the buttons and rotary encoders I plan to add to the BBI to control the VOR and other instruments on the PM GIFR software.

By "servers" here I asume you mean "clients"?

WideClient will automatically send any recognised joystick buttons to FSUIPC for assignment there. It doesn't handle axes, that's all. Your encoders will just look like pairs of buttons so they're okay.

I can see form the documentation that the go flight and epic hardware can be accomodated

EPIC? That's going back a bit! I haven't supported EPIC for many years.

It may be that I have not understood something in the manuals but for the life of me I cannot see how I am able to do what I wish. If it is in the manual and I have not got it could you please give me a pointer to the method?

Simply connect your buttons, select the Switches and Buttons tab in FSUIPC, operate the buttons or switches and program them as desired. With a working WideFS link it is no different to connecting them directly. What special instructions were you after?

Pete

Hello Pete

yes you are correct I did mean clients not servers. I am going to investigate further why my Vista machine does not recognise the card. It is similar to the BU803X from Leo Bodner so yes it has buttons and switches.(or it will when I get them wired up)

I was only asking if there were some special instructions as I thought that I needed to do something to make the fsuipc software recognise the card, but if it is dependent on the Wide fs link then it should be fine once I get the card and encoders wired up properly.

As ever thanks for the reply and assistance.

Regards

Tony