The simFlight Network Forums

Sound on task switch

I disabled "Pause on task switch" in FSX and if I switch to a PDF chart or my Plan-G window the simulation continues but the sound from FSX is muted. Is there any way to prevent the sound from muting when switching to another application?

I'm asking here because this seems to be a common windows behavior but maybe FSUIPC could tell the Windows sound system not to mute.

Thanks,

Barry

Yes there is an application called Soundstream sold by Flight1 that keeps the sound playing when FS loses focus. Be aware that any aircraft that uses an external sound module to add extra sounds that wouldn't normally be possible in FSX (the PMDG NGX is one example) would find that those sounds will still be muted. The Sim Prepar3d has this facility built in by default, it just requires turning on.

• Upvote 1